[moved] Are there any second hand good quality superchargers available anywhere? Should they be avoided?

your really lucky, there is a s/h one (which i can see your interested in) in the for sale section.

minty m8, your car probably already made way above stock before you got the charger :), your vr was huned by vw motorsport without anyeones knowledge hehe.

So when you've sourced your supercharger' date=' where do you get all the other bits from?

Oil lines, brackets, pullies, hoses, etc etc etc.

I'd be concerned that sourcing the various bits from different places, racking up £20 delivery here, £20 delivery there, then possibly having to pay fabrication charges & a custom remap on top could see you spending up to (or even over) the £2300 that new & complete kits go for.

[/quote']

I'd only buy iy if it was a complete kit especially a Z-Engineering one

your really lucky' date=' there is a s/h one (which i can see your interested in) in the for sale section.

[/quote']

Thanks for all your replies guys. I sent a message to the member selling their s/c. I asked if it was a ZR1 or ZR2 or something else. Judging by the bad reviews about the ZR1 I'd only be interested in a ZR2 as I haven't heard a bad thing at all about that one.

What else is required with the s/c unit itself to make it a complete kit?

Thanks

Matt

ps. what is the cheapest brand new Vortech kit, and cheapest brand new ZR2 (I assume this is their latest version) kit? Are we talking

• 1 year later...

LOL, I'm keeping out of that :-)

The V9 can do 20 'theoretical' psi on a bench, maybe even 25 with enough revs and it might just manage it on a 4 pot motor, but the VR6 is quite a large capacity to fill and I personally feel the V9 is too small for it.....hence why so many folk are having to spin the bajesus out of it to get any more than 12psi at the throttle.

For the price of a new V9 setup in the states at the mo due to the dollar being crap, id just go for a new set up, mine arrived a few weeks ago and didnt pay much more than what 2nd hand set ups are going for, its worth that little extra cash just to have a spanking new kit and warranty