My Mk3 VR Highline.....L8W VR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could still get a ticket from the police though, if a car was built with side repeaters it has to have them fitted and working, mot station is risking his permit passing them like that, had the same issue with the rallye as it had "G60" blanks on the wings when i got it from germany and had to change them for type approval in uk.

Thought it was about time I posted these up for you guys to see. Hope you like the new look?

Have got another set of 8's to go back on the rear if I get bored with the 9's on the back at mo. so I can dump it low again' date=' as its a bit high now :cry:

All comments welcomed...........

[img']http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1055322/1977466/109739276.jpg

109739272.jpg

109739283.jpg

109739269.jpg

109739262.jpg

Big shout to Rachel for the pics, and all those that have helped me over the 7 odd years of ownership, you know who you are! :lol:

Think a new sigs in order now! Shame as I love my old one! :cry:

What can I say.........simply perfection 8) 8) 8)

btw......i know of a good home for the 9s too :D;)

you could still get a ticket from the police though' date=' if a car was built with side repeaters it has to have them fitted and working, mot station is risking his permit passing them like that, had the same issue with the rallye as it had "G60" blanks on the wings when i got it from germany and had to change them for type approval in uk.

[/quote']

but Im sure the police have more important things to do than fine people for no side repeaters!

Im pretty sure that for the mot as long as something flashes orange on the side of the car its a pass... doesnt state where it has to be

I think I'll install new repeaters somewhere on the side of the car, just to be safe. Might put them on the side rubbing strip like on that Audi A8 - I haven't seen that done on a Mk3 Golf before...

Still in awe of that sparkling blackberry paintwork. I'd sell my granny to have the cab painted in that colour. Trouble is, for the price of a colour change, one sold granny probably wouldn't cover it.

you could still get a ticket from the police though' date=' if a car was built with side repeaters it has to have them fitted and working, mot station is risking his permit passing them like that, had the same issue with the rallye as it had "G60" blanks on the wings when i got it from germany and had to change them for type approval in uk.

[/quote']

but Im sure the police have more important things to do than fine people for no side repeaters!

Im pretty sure that for the mot as long as something flashes orange on the side of the car its a pass... doesnt state where it has to be

yeah they do but if you get a stop then it gives the opportunity to stick you on! i wouldnt give a monkeys bollock personally!! but dont give em the ammo! just passing the info, wing repeaters have to be above a certain height, i will find out what it is!

cops have stopped to check why my side (repeaters) bulbs dont flash brightly....ok its becuase i have chromed bulbs, but i mean ffs, they flash brightly when its dark and not so brightly during the day.

i would say that they are probably about 60% of the strength of normal bulbs.

Thanks for the continued great comments guys.

As for the side repeaters I've been trying to perfect some subtle side strip mounted ones in a spare set of CL ones I have, will keep you posted on my progress! Just struggling to find another make of side indicator small enough and of the right shape to look good and flush mount!

cool' date=' cause i'm putting 9's on the back of my corrado and just had a little panic that it would rub, i've only dropped it 30mm to leave a little clearance for the 9's so i shouldn't have problems. There was something else i had to ask you......hmm,....can't remember now. I hate it when that happens.

[/quote']

I have had the rear arches seriously pulled though too mate! They were by no means an easy fit!

• 1 month later...