Happy days!!.

This is the result of some fool who t boned me on a busy roundabout and drove off. Luckily for me the dickhead has put in a claim and i now have his details as i could not find him after.

I just hope it goes my way or it'll be loss of no claims and no more VR... :( .

Off to get some estimates tomorrow, the scratch goes all the way back to the end of the rear bumper so is pretty bad. I'm 3rd party too so i'm not a happy bunny.

Nick

1124310013_1904_FT0_dscf0007_.jpg

report this to the police, he or she is obliged by law to stop and give details of themselves at the road side if involved in an accident, if they failed to stop at the time and they knew they had an accident and have not reported it to police within 24 hours they can get summonsed, for failing to stop, careless or reckless driving failure to report and a whole host of other offences so get down your police station if you havnt already? and get them stuck on the slimey shite driver!!!!

Cheers all,

Got an estimate and it's well over a grand!!.

I did report it to the police at the time and so did the other driver apparently, so it's all in the hands of the insurers now. I hope judging on my damage they realise he hit me not vice versa.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Nick

I was indicating to exit and had passed the junction the other driver came from, who then hit me at the rear of my front door. I didnt see it coming and i'm praying it goes my way.

as craggsy said it is a major pain you do not need. I lost my previous no claims due to an uninsured driver and to say i'm f***ed off is an understatement.

But hey, it's only money and if it goes the other drivers way i can buy a 1.4 Golf instead when my insurance renewal comes up next year :( .

Cheers

Nick

i really feel for you, all the best driving in the world, cannot stop drivers with limited coordination from hitting or near missing you. Nowadays at the 1000's of milton keynes roundabouts, i give myself a large berth and try to ensure good lane position...*cough* and use the superior handling/power to just get in front and stay there.....

• 1 month later...

Ok guy's, it's update time...

The other drivers insurers are coming to me to assess the damage. Wether it's to check against the quote i gave them for repairs or to see if they believe it's me at fault for the crash i'm not sure...

But fingers crossed they have seen it my way and i may get her repaired!!.

Wish me luck ;) .

Cheers,

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

i feel terribly sorry. at the moment i own a mrk 3 1.4. dont laugh! im 18! hopeful to get a vr in feb after 19th bday. neway, took my car to nottingham. mistake. broken into. smashed the car up to just smash it up. still havent fixed it as it is a slow process. cant go through insurance. if i loose no claims no vr. neway, there all silly muppets. try to think of it when its fixed and head up champ. thats how i try to look at it. otherwise id be down in the dumps all the time. my car might not be fast or have a/c or even electrics. but i love her to pieces. and for some one to do that. just nasty pieces of work. hope all goes well.