hey i must have an economical vr ! unsurprising as ive replaced just about everything on the bloody thing ! the omly time my fuel consomption goes through the roof is when i nip out to get some fags and end up going up and down the duel carraigeway for half an hour :D if i could marry one part of my car it would be 2nd gear between 2000 and 6000 rpm !lol !lol !lol 1123978187_1853_FT73255_goooolf.jpg

I was stuck behind a wagon doing 55mph for about 50mile this morning, managed to get up to 33mpg ... normal lunaticesque driving leads to about24-25. So if you want better economy drive slowly and find your self a nice big lorry to slipstream - or buy a deisel yuk yuk yuk

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

how is this done the best I have ever got is 27 MPG on a long run and I thought I was driving like me Gran, Short trips 5 - 10 miles struggle to get 20 MPG and thats driving in 5th gear guess its all that stop start traffic.

Small price to pay for the performace (I think)

I can manage 34 at a very steady 60mph or so.

Usually get 20-23 on 6 mile daily commutes in south london, and I try to drive as gently as possible around town most of the time.

On motorway runs I struggle to get 30mpg - usually about 27, 28 or so.

On my favorite piece of road I get 12-14 mpg - uphill, twisty, and blindingly quick ! ;)

i get 210 miles to the tank thats at 89.9 and 45quids worth fuel whats that work out 25mpg? thats round town dont do any motorway and i do drive it like a twat every now and then.lol which aint bad my mk4 1.8 gti turbo used to do 270 to the tank and look at the engine differance.