• 1 month later...

its not the disc size that is the problem. with 330mm discs they go in 17s ok, but its the cact the the calipers are so fat you would need a massive dish inside the wheel to get htem in without caching the back of the face.

312s seem to be the best all round solution, and you can get the parts for around

the problem with the r32 setup is that the calipers are wayy fatter' date=' not just bigger discs, if you look at the inside of a standard r32 wheel it has a massive dished shape to the spokes. and it would be difficult to fit these under most 17s.

[/quote']

You could always roll the arches and stick a set of genuine R32 wheels on there. That would look awesome!

I've got my 312mm brakes on the car now (well, one side anway!) and they fit under my 17" Antera 309s just fine.

but the brembo gt kit is 328mm or something silly, which means 18"s easily. im running 16s or 17s depending on season, so i think the brembos are out of the question.

and i was pretty tempted by the r32 18s and brake setup, but just dont fancy 18s. would look good though, sepecially if i go for the r32 front/rear ive been thinking about in the new year.

If I was to say I could get a Brembo GT setup for 1.5 times the total cost of a 312mm setup' date=' which way would you go. I think the choice is pretty clear!

[/quote']

I'll be paying around £200 for my 312mm set up but if you can get brembos for £500 I'll have a set!

328mm Brembos fit 17's. Whether they fit MY 17'S is another matter. They are made for Audi S3's/TT, so should fit under my RS4 's nicely. The RS4's flare towards the rim, allowing more space for more braking grunt. Conversely I need 3mm spacers under 17s to fit the 288mm's!

$1500 aussie dollars (not new, but not used) against approx $1100 aussie for new 312mm setup.

All I'll desire then are some MK4 rears.