3.0L VR6 Turbo. How shes going.

ok, so i got my block out, rebored to 83mm, thats 3.0l for the people that dont know (technically 2.95l but shhhh), i got her cleaned up, painted and most of my other parts cleaned/painted/polished. so its looking hot. my box has gone away for the pekoquin to be fitted, and that should come back gleaming. just started with the internals today and i got the crank in with arp studs, but realised i havent been given any circlips with my JE pistons, and the old ones wont fit (any suggestions)

theres also a few of my workshop (lol) and i have loads of me stripping the engine out and fitting my intercooler and a box for my external fuel pump. going to get the block together then start on the wiring, and a garage is swapping the brakes/suspension etc over for me to slide this lot into the cabrio. so ill have a little update if i get time, otherwise come see me at e38 and well talk.

engine is out

100_0385.jpg

how my car sits at the moment

100_0412.jpg

cylinder head has to come off

100_0393.jpg

more coke in there than in pete doherty

100_0403.jpg

on looking inside he finds

100_0401.jpg

2nd degree burns

100_0402.jpg

clean masked engine

100_0507.jpg

100_0508.jpg

and after 8 coats of hammerite smooth black

100_0534.jpg

100_0532.jpg

my fingers hurt, and ive still got, 500 grit, 1000 grit and 2000 grit to go...

100_0540.jpg

more hammerite, about

dont see it making a difference, what u are thinking of is LIGHT, the reason why black surfaces get hot is because they aborb the full spectrum of visible light, where as white reflects the full spectrum of visible light.

Heat and your engine being black doesnt matter unless you have a light bulb shining on your engine in which case it would get hotter.

Saying that coating ur engine with 8 layers of paint will reduce the thermal conductivity of the exterior of the engine, since metal conducts heat so well....i doubt itll even make 1 degree of a difference though.

2 weeks left. vr parts are going into the cab on friday, still got to finish the engine (vw parts dept ar slowwww.) fit a new vr harness with emerald ecu and engine harness, fit the engine in, have the i/c pipes made up. and the exterior is being tweeked by a friend and getting painted next monday, cutting it close but ill be up till 2 working on my car every morning from now till then, so if i look a little rough at e38 you know why, lol.