what tyre brand is everyone using at the moment????

I've always used Bridgestone RE720 Potenzas with wheel kerb protector in sidewall. They are very grippy in wet and dry but don't tend to last too long. Just tried Falcons as abudget tyre by Bridgestone and they were poo in the wet. But each tyre suits a particular driving style better than the next. So.... I don't know what to try next.

I've had Toyo T1R's put on my Schmidts in 215/40/16, £198 for the 4 delivered from www.mytyres.co.uk.

Had 2 sets of the T1S before. Great all weather tyre but with a fairly shocking wear rate. The T1R's have a different shoulder pattern and are reported to wear at a much slower rate.

Quality tyre imo so far!

yeah they are a soft compound but thats why they are so grippy! not as bad as yoko`s though! i had some avon zv tyres on my bbs alloys on my last car they were pretty good and lasted well, i still think the toyo is the best price/performance wise if you get them from abroad you can save a load more money, i got mine post free for 4.

Yoko A539's on both the VR6 and the MkII.........

And never had a prob in the wet with them also managed to pull some ultra quick times in the last hillclimb I did in standing water so I really have no idea what all the fuss is with them in the wet!

Have heard the toyos are good but never used them myself

I make a point of trying something different each time I buy them, so here are my opinions of what I've tried since 1990, for what they're worth:-

Goodyear F1 GSD1 & 2 - Good in the wet, rubbish in the dry. The sidewall is WAY too soft.

Goodyear F1 GSD3 - Excellent, no complaints at all

Bridgestone RE720 (sadly no longer available in 205/50/15) - Awesome, best all rounder I've every had.

Avon ZZ3 - Pretty good up to 8/10ths, rubbish there after.

Kumho Ecsta Supra 715 - Pants, very hard compound, poor ride, average grip levels.

Kumho Ecsta KU15 - Amazing dry tyres, above average in the wet. Very predictable and confidence inspiring.

Michelin Pilot Exalto - Great in the wet, floppy sidewall means squeal central in the dry.

Toyo T1-S - Yurrghh....they're cheap for a reason.

BF Goodrich profiler G - Brilliant. A little troubled in the dry at 9/10ths but break away predictably and smoothly. Good in the wet too.

Yoko A509 - Cr@p in the wet.

Yoko A510 - Cr@p in the wet.

Yoko A520 - Better than the above 2 but not by much.

Yoko A539 - Not bad but so much better out there for the money. Quite soft rubber and too easily damaged by sharp stones and flint.

Goodyear NCT5 - Good all rounder, ugly tread pattern, soft side wall.

Continental Sport contact - Awesome, but very expensive.

Uniroyal Rainsport 1 - Brilliant.

Dunlop SP 9000 - Brilliant.

And some others I can't remember. Depends how you drive aswell but I drive very hard round corners, and even more so now the Quaife is on.