Hi, definitely 2ndary pump, how do you mean by buzzing? engine on or off? you normally hear it when you turn off the engine i read somewhere it can run on for upto 10 mins after a run. i have known a few who bypass it when it goes wrong as they are about £100, i wouldnt personally and didnt when mine went tits up! how hot does your engine get (coolant wise)? if your fiddling be careful of the lower hose connection as its plastic and can get brittle.

good luck

s

Hi, definitely 2ndary pump, how do you mean by buzzing? engine on or off? you normally hear it when you turn off the engine i read somewhere it can run on for upto 10 mins after a run. i have known a few who bypass it when it goes wrong as they are about £100, i wouldnt personally and didnt when mine went tits up! how hot does your engine get (coolant wise)? if your fiddling be careful of the lower hose connection as its plastic and can get brittle.

good luck

s

It's starts buzzing really loud when ignition is on not running, is there a link anywhere on how to bypass it?

It's starts buzzing really loud when ignition is on not running, is there a link anywhere on how to bypass it?

Omg. This is the issue I've been having. Only does it now and again. It done it again a few days ago when I was sat at traffic lights. I've also noticed a water circulating noise aswell when I switch the ignition to red lights. Only happened since I fitted my samco's . Doesn't seem to have any air in the system. Runs up to temp and fans kick in as normal.

Omg. This is the issue I've been having. Only does it now and again. It done it again a few days ago when I was sat at traffic lights. I've also noticed a water circulating noise aswell when I switch the ignition to red lights. Only happened since I fitted my samco's . Doesn't seem to have any air in the system. Runs up to temp and fans kick in as normal.

That's what mine does when I switch ignition on I can hear water running through some where then it starts buzzing, starting to get on my tits now!

Mine does the same since fitting samcos. Tried burping air several times so now I just leave it.

Buzzing I'd put down to the electric pump working but being a little tired. Just leaving mine until it dies completely.

Everything works as it should I've not had a overheating issue as of yet, I have a spare pump off my black vr so I'll fit that once it goes

There is a lot of different opinions as to when this pump should be running and if it's needed at all. After much reading and revision I managed to get to the bottom of it.

The vr cylinder head also acts as an exhaust manifold for the front three cylinders and so tents to run hot. The secondary pumps job is to assist the circulation off coolant around the head during running and for a short period after engine switch off to stop any localised overheating. the purpose of the after run feature is to keep the coolant circulating around the head while the hot engine cools. Without this the coolant would be sitting in a red hot head without circulation causing localised overheating in your head. So it is a good thing to have working correctly.

The after run pump should run with ignition on and then for roughly 10 minutes after you switch ignition off IRRELEVENT of temperature or even if the engine has been started. It's a set sequence. I found My pump the same as many other vrs out there today only ran with ignition on and stopped as soon as I switch the ignition off. I have to say I never noticed a problem and it stopped like this for a few years. However when I added a turbo to the engine things were different. A few times after a long run out I pulled on the drive with engine temperatures reading normal. Roughly 3 minutes after switching engine off the water boiled and bubbled in the expansion tank. I could only put this down to the extra heat stored inside the turbo and manifold boiling the coolant inside the head once the main pump driven by the engine stopped.

After a few test I found a faulty fan control module to be the cause of my secondary pump not running for 10 mins after shut off. Once that was replaced its been fine.

• 2 weeks later...

The water gushing sound is because with OEM hoses there is a little one way valve in the coolant hose going into the throttle body , the Samco hose doesn't come with this so remove it from OEM hose and push it into the Samco, this sorted the trapped air noise your referring to !

Edited by rsweeney