Club Event: GTI Festival (Club Display) - 05 Oct 2014 (Single Day Event)

Forgot to mention i PB'd too! 14.2 :D

Anyone else from the club run the quarter over the weekend?

Out of interest what were those R32 Turbos running? The only one i saw looked like he killed the clutch running a mid 15 at 80 something mph lol.

Edited by Ickyketseddie
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are my pics!

I'm ready Washed and gave engine bay a once over.

Ready!

Posted Images

Forgot to mention i PB's too! 14.2 :D

Anyone else from the club run the quarter over the weekend?

Out of interest what were those R32 Turbos running? The only one i saw looked like he killed the clutch running a mid 15 at 80 something mph lol.

I want to run mine next year, I couldn't risk running it yesterday knowing my luck if blow something lol.

IIRC the blue 32 Turbo got early 12s I think his best run was 11.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Twas a good day, bit quiet, not sure if show and glow caused a dent in punters, fingers crossed we will have a GTI festival to go to next year

Something certainly killed the amount of people there. It was spookily quiet !

Shame really as it was my girlfriends first outing to a car show and she was mightily unimpressed as there was nothing happening at all. They didn't even run the rocket car so all she had to see in her eyes was ordinary everyday cars going up and down the strip all day long.

I guess they decided not to run anything due to the low turn out as the rocket car was out and ready and the guys were around it at times...... :-(

Hi Guys, awesome day yesterday. Although strangely empty for the kind of weather we had, but a good turnout from the club.

I met some really nice guys, I will definitely be coming along to more events.

I have a few pics from the day but cannot figure out how to upload them. Any tips will be most welcome, I'm uploading from a pc not my phone.

Hi Guys, awesome day yesterday. Although strangely empty for the kind of weather we had, but a good turnout from the club.

I have a few pics from the day but cannot figure out how to upload them. Any tips will be most welcome, I'm uploading from a pc not my phone.

hi mate, just go into more reply options and use the paperclip attachment icon :)

I've just read on facebook the following on VW Action FB page.

"I just spoke to Simon from Show & Glow (very nice chap) and we will both ensure that his event and GTI Festival won't clash next year - which is nice."

It had the makings of an awesome day with the weather, but lacked atmosphere which is a shame, I love this show.

My daughters were gutted the jet car didn't run...

Flash git!!!!

:-)

Edited by Bealieboy

Seeing your motor fresh in the flesh I can't disagree with you :)

Cheers mate, I've got a beauty of yours but my friend was in the shot too, she's a bit forum shy ;)

Are you able to edit the photo? I don't blame your friend for being forum shy, I hate my photo being taken and the last thing I'd want is to be plastered all over here! Cheers mistline, your motor looks pukka in your photos, I'm quite partial to a mulberry!

Edited by Bealieboy

Oh.......errrrrr alright ben, did you enjoy yesterday? :-)

The weather was great!

Yeah Ben stop moaning. Haha. Get them little nimble fingers in and fish it out. Lol.

You'll be glad to know I took your advice and got a little half moon file on the edges.

Well it worked. The fooking bulb only feel inside the headlight when I gave it the final twisted. Gutted. Hahaha.

That little shit won't come out either. Well the headlights in the boot now so I await your bulb fishing thread. Lol.

Bealieboy you took a step back at just the right time. Haha