Anyone want to help me fit my Turbo? :)

I don't have any pics but it's quite simple to do it's just take off your front engine mount completely off the crossmember take it apart slide the old rubber of the stem inside get 4 ice hockey pucks drill out the hockey pucks center and put it back together job done, and repeat the same with the rear engine mount..

O.k thanks...interesting method,didnt know they that strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats a relief,thought It was just me! Lol! Ya im going to have to do that I think Lukey. Turbo fitted now,just waiting for smalll bits to arrive,almost there! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way dude, get stuck in, scuff your knuckles, lie to the wife and step back and admire your work. Then get someone to do it properly Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Chaps, Fetching my Turbo bits tomorrow so im a bit like a exited child on Xmas morning! Is there anyone in the South (South London) that wants to help me fit it? Or actually ill help u as i haven

Posted Images

Ive bow been told I might need a shortrunner for my pipework to work (bought the turbo as a kit with pipework). Is this the case or can the standard intake manifold be used? Id prefer to use the standard if im honest and maybe just play around the pipework if this is possible??

I haven't turbo'd mine yet and haven't really looked too deep into it but you should be able to use your standard inlet manifold you'll have to play about with your pipe work. A short runner would be better mind

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Ya I know the shortrunner will be better but Costs are running away slightly! :) Plus I want to keep the original intake look if I can....

Like I say it should be fine. The lads on here turbo'd there VR's will know better. Your best bet to ask would probably be one of the OC mods, Gethan (VIW28) he seems to be pretty clued up on the turbo side of things mate

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Cheers Davey!

Have you lowered the compression? What management are you going to be using?.

Looking good so far,,good luck

Been told I can run 300bhp without the spacer so ill be doing that for now untill I replace the clutch etc to step up the BHP.

630cc injectors.

4" maf

Ecu remapped to 300-600bhp depending on what boost I run.

But the end goal is 550-600bhp....after some more work. For now im just going to enjoy the 300-320. :)

I thought about doing the same, running low boost etc but after speaking to people on many forums it is easier and not much more expensive to whizz the head off and fit one of these. United Motorsport will sort you out with it. I am staying with the standard clutch though, change it if it dies, I am also looking for around 350-400 bhp.

10676666985_2e008d1097_b.jpg

With the gt35 it will be hard to just run 300hp ,at just 8psi you will be near 360 hp I would just put a spacer plate in to be safe if it was me ..

From what I've read the vr doesn't like boost at standered comp..

Thinking of getting someone to put it in for me as I haven't done it before but surely it cant be that difficult? Are there any DIY posts on here for fitting a spacer?

Look at the diy turbo guide by Fishwick in the garage section. If your comfortable doing a headgasket its a case if just bolting everything back together. Good chance to fit ARP bolts as well

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Are the ARP bolts a must at this point in time or something I can have done later?

Any reccommendations on where to get them?

There not too difficult to just follow a head gasket guide but fit your spacer between a split mk4 3 piece head gasket,,I have used genuine head bolts in mine as read they are fine till you get over 500hp ish ,only negative is that they can't be reused like ARP bolts..

Hope this helps..