Fitting a 4 Bar fuel regulator?

Hi there guys, I have just aquired a brand new 4 bar fuel pressure regulator (as opposed to the 3 Bar standard one) for my OBD2 VR Highline.

I've been led to believe you can just swop these over and will get a very slight improvement on throttle response (especially when running high density air filter and shrick! as I am)

Has anyone had any experience of fitting these? Can I do it without chipping the ECU?

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

Spoke to the VR God, that is Vince at Stealth, and he's said on an OBD2 car, its not a problem as the Lamda sensor can adjust to it! You may get it squirting a little bit of fuel in too much on full throttle, but not a drastic amount, plus with my mods he recons I may actually get a better throttle response. WOOHOO!

Ps. Part Number for a 4 bar regulator from VW : 078133534C at about £55

Spoke to the VR God' date=' that is Vince at Stealth, and he's said on an OBD2 car, its not a problem as the Lamda sensor can adjust to it! You may get it squirting a little bit of fuel in too much on full throttle, but not a drastic amount, plus with my mods he recons I may actually get a better throttle response. WOOHOO!

Ps. Part Number for a 4 bar regulator from VW : 078133534C at about £55

[/quote']

Have you fitted it yet then Si? I'm interested to know if its made a difference. Group buy anyone!!!

Have fitted mine now (2 mins job!) and I must say I CAN tell the difference, despite the car not being remapped to suit!

Throttle response seems to be a lot more responsive (revs more freely). So I'm happy with the results, now just need to get Vince to map it!

• 2 months later...