Richierich's new V6.............Audi content!!!!

Been on the lookout for a new winter car for weeks, started looking at Mk2 Golfs, Polos, Vr's etc! It then became clear that for my budget I could get something a lot better suited for a winter car..................Audi with their Quattro system seemed a great idea! Test drove 4 A8's, 3.7 V8, 4.2 V8 and a couple of 2.8 V6's! My mind was made up and purchased one................. 2 owner 2002 Audi A8 2.8 Quattro sport. Its Ming Blue with black heated leathers and electric everything..................

Bodywork is in good condition, all panels are straight and rust free with some minor scratches here n there! Harli Lee is going to give it a buff up and see if he can remove any the scratches etc!!!!

AudiA8WinterHack001.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack002.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack003.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack004.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack005.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack006.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack007.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack008.jpg

Interior is in very good condition, very little ware anywhere inside. The heated leathers are the best seats I have sat in and everything thats electrical works. It has the Triptronic steeringwheel that changes gear at the touch of a button! The Audi ICE is very good for a 10 year old system!

AudiA8WinterHack017.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack018.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack011.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack010.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack012.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack013.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack014.jpg

Engine is the 2.8 V6, its very quiet and super smooth! It has covered 128k miles and has FSH.

AudiA8WinterHack015.jpg

AudiA8WinterHack016.jpg

I don't have many plans for the big bus, get the paintwork up to scratch, get the wheels powdercoated and a few other small jobs! Really glad I've bought this rather than another old Vee Dub that would just bleed me dry like every other one I've owned!

Cheers............................

Basically it was a front end repaint, passengers side doors and rear quarter, rear bumper and fuel flap!

I'll do my best to get them in the correct order!...................

Audipaint23.jpg

Audipaint24.jpg

All the marks were wee nick ins on stone chips etc!

Audipaint25.jpg

Any area that were bare metaled, were treated then primered before paint...........

Audipaint26.jpg

Audipaint3.jpg

Audipaint17.jpg

Audipaint15.jpg

Audipaint16.jpg

Now outside for a demask and blow down..................

Audipaint14.jpg

Audipaint13.jpg

More masking work...........

Audipaint9.jpg

Back in for some Ming Blue paint!.............

Audipaint2.jpg

Audipaint21.jpg

Audipaint19.jpg

Audipaint5.jpg

Audipaint6.jpg

So that was all the damaged bodywork painted, now I had to get the full cars paintwork corrected by my mate Lee...............

This was the products used on the car..................

003.jpg

I don't think in its 10years had it ever been properly cleaned!

Spare wheel well.................

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

Boot.............

007.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Now onto the paintwork, the previous owner must have had it sitting close to another car that was getting painted as it was covered in fine overspray..................

014-1.jpg

Here is a 50/50 of the boot................

017-1.jpg

020.jpg

Here is a 50/50 of rear quarter..............

029-1.jpg

031-2.jpg

Here is Lee buffing away! lol.................

011.jpg

025.jpg

As Lee was buffing I applied the hand polish.................

022.jpg

037.jpg

Last we rolled it outside for a final look, superb results................

042-1.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

Bonnet Reflection..................

049.jpg

A big thanks to the boys at the bodyshop and Lee for all the hard work, its restored this auld bus!

Next stop is the wheels are getting a refurb/powdercoat to make them mint again!

Cheers....................................

Nice' date=' I looked at the before pics and thought nice and tidy, then looked at the after pics, now the before pics look pretty rubbish lol.

[/quote']

When I went to see the car in the flesh I thought the same!!!! It wasn't till my bodyshop said "this needs a bit of work Richie" that I noticed how poorly the paint was..................

Its has cost me a few quid to get it up to scratch but fingers crossed thats it all set for the winter! It really is a superb machine, so comfy and quiet when driving! (l)

• 7 months later...