How old are you, and how long have you had your VR6/VR6's?

Just for fun, and plugged the idea from another forum...

Now VR's are getting older/cheaper etc... the age of owners are probably coming down from once it once was so just interested in what these are :)

I'll start! :)

I'm 30, had my first Golf VR6 when I was 18/19, I'm now on my 3rd VR6 (Corrado VR6, which was registered in 1994) I've owned it for 3 years, and has yet to see the road due to a major restoration job on it!

im 39,still 21 though been into vws since 93/94 from beetles to campers then the golfs got first vr6 in 2002 scrapped that in 2007 and then a mk2 vr6 and then a syncro all supercharged i do feel like selling up as hardly use it but the minute i get in the dam thing everyone stops and looks from normal everyday people to some flash git in a ferrari dam i love my car

I think I WAS the youngest!

I'm 21 now, bought my VR6 when I was 17 and insured it a couple of weeks after my 18th after I had 1yr NCB.. worked my knackers off since I left school to afford it and complete my goal of doing my own turbo conversion!

So if I'm not still the youngest, I think I might be right in saying I'm the youngest VRT owner! :D

I'm 32, wanted a VR6 since I was 15, bought one when I was 25, had the same one since. Had it N/A, Supercharged and turboed, now sold that setup and will have a 24v turbo BDE from a 4 motion in it in the very near future :) Had it in bits more times than its been driven lol

I'm 32' date=' wanted a VR6 since I was 15, bought one when I was 25, had the same one since. Had it N/A, Supercharged and turboed, now sold that setup and will have a 24v turbo BDE from a 4 motion in it in the very near future :) [b']Had it in bits more times than its been driven lol

lol know that feeling ......

I'm 32' date=' wanted a VR6 since I was 15, bought one when I was 25, had the same one since. Had it N/A, Supercharged and turboed, now sold that setup and will have a 24v turbo BDE from a 4 motion in it in the very near future :) [b']Had it in bits more times than its been driven lol

lol know that feeling ......

But yours is in bits coz you keep blowing it up!!!!

I'm 27 and had always liked the VR6 since I was about 10 and a lad down the road from my house had one, funnily enough black magic 3dr with hella quads and recaro cloth, which is exactly what I own now.

The reason I came to owning it was actually cos I needed to have a cheaper car and went from 12k to maybe max 3k a year so decided to get myself a little project (which went out of the window pretty much staright away and turned into an obsession lol) and reminded myself that I'd always liked them when I was a kid

Did my first vr6 swap when I was 19 (yes insurance was a killer) then sold that due to the floor literally falling out. Then had a mk2 vr6 loved that thing but to old school couldnt do long driving in that too many rattles etc now I have another mk3 vr6 at the age of 21 and insurance is still silly but worth it for that noise.

i'm 27 had my first vr at 18 it was black 3 door my dad got it though the trade for £1800 with 52k on the clock

only had it 6 weeks drop it 60mm on springs and put some tsw venoms on it then sold it for £4800 to my mates dad

as insurance was £2200 a year 3rd party only but i had the bug bad

got my next when i was 25 white more door that fell to bits in a year so i sold its as spears

then i got my vento vr that i love to bits

32. On my third vr. Got my first one ten years ago. Lasted about three months as the supposed full engine rebuild with all receipts had been bodged in a big way. Had my second one two years ago. Stupidly sold it as I wanted an estate. Finally saw sense and got another one to spend all the money I don't have on.