The only issue you may have with that is that it'll be for left hand drive cars, meaning it'll be a pain to fit and lots of stuff will need modifying. Stick to the UK stuff, and someone who knows what they're doing lol such as Jim!

The only issue you may have with that is that it'll be for left hand drive cars' date=' meaning it'll be a pain to fit and lots of stuff will need modifying. Stick to the UK stuff, and someone who knows what they're doing lol such as Jim!

[/quote']

definately have to agree with whats been said here! left and drive, so brake resvouir etc needs moving in most cases. Its just a pain so give him a pm on here..

That's actually not a bad kit. Kinetic Motorsport manifold (the best 12V Turbo one by far), tial wastegate and a decent Garrett turbo. No knock off chinese crap here. People have used the Kinetic manifold on RHD cars without much difficultly.

I have yet to see a Turbo kit for a UK car that is actually a bolt on Kit with zero missing parts, zero fitting issues and zero software problems. They just do not exist. They are all custom to some extent.

If you're lucky enough to get the right file for the right ECU revision, then it can work. It didn't work for me, and no my hardware was not at fault before you say it. There are nowhere near enough users of C2 software globally without a single glitch to categorically state it's plug and play, because it isn't.

You also have to remember that there seems to be some differences in refinery processes between countries, for example the US 93 ron seems to be equal to UK 95 ron when performance tests have occured (through owners with same set-ups that is). Although these are obviously ratings which are universally generic in nature via a standardised test, it's why many major manufacturers will provide a fairly standardised map and de-tune and engine, that and the varying emissions regulation between countries.

US kits are fine if the turbo is situated well for UK opposite end brake cyl/servo and your compressor outlet path - ntercooler inlet - TB inlet is on the correct side, however in my opinion it is pretty much a must that the fuelling file would have to be specifically for the octane rated fuel that you will use and for that particular country. Although I had a friend do my mapping for me I always had to spend a lot with Japanese cars that were freshly imported and I was running 99 V-power too against the 100 ron Japanese rated fuel they were set up for. Custom or UK developed map is a must IMO.

There will also be a 24v kit available later this year too. ;)

P.S. There are also differences in measurements between countries (i.e. dry, liquid, imperial gallon etc) so you need to make sure that they are all as standardised when comparing or calculating.

If you give the correct ecu number , and country of use , then there is no reason for it not to be plug n play . the biggest single factor i have found so far of a car no firing first turn is incorrect fitment of parts . That said ecu tuners do make mistakes , and it can happen that on occasions you have the wrong file loaded . the good ones will rectify this straight away .

manifolds etc ... well lets just say most people don't want to as kev says pay for a complete kit (well decent ones ). i do sell manifolds @ around £200 , software from £300 etc . As tbh its the best way and allows people to budget for there build .

ebay turbo's for ref ain't that bad , they are not all the same , and if installed correctly , can last a number of miles and prolonged hard use .

The trouble is, there are too many differetnt caveats to build into and all inclusive kit.

Yeah anyone can supply a manifold, turbo, injectors, software etc as they're all off the shelf parts. The difficult stuff like purpose made downpipes that actually fit the car PROPERLY without fouling anything, boost pipes, heat management, oil and fuel lines etc etc. That's where most 'kits' fall down.

We should now be in a position where a company can produce all of this as a kit that can be fitted over a weekend (if using a spacer). The trouble is, it would cost £1000s and no one will pay for it, as I've mentioned before. I don't think many people fully understand what it takes to build a 100K reliable VR6 Turbo. A VRT you can jump into and drive to the outer Hebredes in without a single issue. It's a tall order for any kit builder and why most of them won't do it. Reputations to think of :-)

The only companies I know of who will put their reputation on quality are HPA in the states and HGP in Germany. Both of these take all the stuff I mentioned seriously and their prices reflect that.

i agree kev, the reason most people will not do it in the uk is simply, a lot of people talk about it but few actually want to purchase a kit .

the fact you can buy off the shelf parts also doesn't help when trying to make a complete kit, as people have nearly always been collecting bits as and when they come up . they then say , oh can i use this instead of that , blah blah blah

Yeah that's very true Jim. I still think that if UM, yourself, or Stealth or who ever put together a tried and tested kit and sold it for, say, £4K and get 400hp, people would drop their scavenged parts and go for that.

100hp per £1000 is a steal in today's market imo :-) And it's very doable imo.

Just get a pukka DP made and get it mass produced in China. The rest is easily sortable. Standard length oil lines, standard T piece, standard boost pipes for the OE intake, standard turbo, standard software, you name it.

The only area of potential customisation will be the intercooler because we all have VR6s in different cars, MK1, 2, 3, Corrado etc.

Then give the kit a warranty providing the boost controller is left alone and the understanding the gearbox is excluded.

thing is kev i can offer most of that, bar the intercooler and pipes ( for that very reason you said ) , its also having the cash flow to bulk buy said items and to hold them until they have sold .

i've now brought back my old vr6 turbo , and tbh its as i left it , needing turbo seals, that car has seen maybe 6 track days , 1 top speed event with at least 12 runs flat out in 5th, numerous santa pod events , plus normal driving . its now on 197000 on the orig engine, and as a car its still reliable. ( thanks UM )

and the only thing thats ever gone wrong is the gearbox , 3 times infact , but that will be down in part to my turbo sizing , rest is probaly wear and tear .

but when you look at the fun i've had against the money i've spent its a no brainer . chasing a porsche gt3 down the back straight at raf marham and him then spinning the car , whilst trying to keep in-front summed it all up .

total cost for me say 4k , total cost for him 60k + ...

i agree that 100bhp per £1000 is a steal .

it is a shame that no one company ( afaik ) offer a warranted kit , but i guess there may be to many variables to make that a reality .

if i had a tenner for everyone that has emailed me asking to price up a kit , id be rather well off , and my fledgling business would be doing better than what it is . the cold hard truth is very few people follow through , just look at the group buy sections on many forums .

• 1 month later...

every american company i have spoke to about a turbo kit for a rhd car have just said that its the downpipe that needs modification. trouble is do you trust them and hope it is only a small amount of frabrication? cos it could turn out to be alot of work. i have been looking for a turbo 'kit' for my vr6 from the uk for a 3000 budget and it is hard, most uk companies do not even reply.