how long did it take to find your vr?

Built both of mine but if I was going to buy a vr which I think a rado is next on the cards. It needs to be pretty much standard with low mileage no or little rust and black leather seats I would love a storm grey one but I have only seen one. So I'll be waiting for a year or two :)

About a week and I stumbled upon mine, I was looking for a late 3dr VR but that was my only stipulation, then I came across the one I bought and it had recaros, my favourite BBS alloys and was black magic, which was the perfect car for me and exactly what I would have done anyway, it was the first one I viewed in person and I bought it.

It had its problems, someone had jacked it up in the middle and split the sills so they needed replacing but I got the car with the view to stripping it and re doing anything I came across anyway, it was just a few more things than I first thought lol

1st Vr took 3 days to win on flea bay, 2nd Vr bought off here once agreed I'd have a look took a week to get there bought it straight away....... Sometimes it's best to go with your gut instinct. But there are plenty out there to chose from, just depends on how DESPERATE you are!!!!

took me about a week over xmas to find mine, gave myself a budget around 1k and looked at what was closest on ebay and bagged the 2nd one i looked at, main criteria was that it had to be a highline model, as i wasnt paying much for one i didnt expect a perfect one, it drives well, bit of rust on the doors, i like it

What are you looking for i bought my auto 52,000 miles for £2400 3 years ago with cloth interior It now has a working sunroof and leather interior still very clean for the year with 89,000 miles on it new headgasket and skim plus new timing chains last month now just to get the abs ecu sorted and it will be as good as the day i bought it. Cant beat getting a decent one it was the first one i saw i bought and paid for it on the day and got insured and collected next day.

had my car just over 4yrs now but was looking for one for about 5yrs before as i wanted a syncro was hard to find a good one for the right money was going to buy the one that binliner used to have but was sold the day before i got to it so had to fly to germany and buy and drive my one back

Less than a week to find mine,parked in the pub car park in Anstey, then saw it in auto trader for sale, had the AA check it out had some faults so brought it !.Had it 8 years now and it never breaks down. 246000 miles so far,did the gearbox bearings last year a bit worn out nice and quiet now. best car i`ve owned.

i have wanted a vr6 since my mate brough his i have always been a vw lover. then mate was in a bad. bike accident. and his life was lost. so i broght the vr off his mum. 72k on the clock, full service history plus the memorys. that was 4 years ago 80k on thev clock. still loving it.

• 2 weeks later...