Thinking of a winter hack

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an A6 pd 130 but they are not cheap to buy. I was thinking Nissan Micra or something similar. Golf diesel van is a good idea bit try and find one that someone hasn't VRT'd.

MICRA..... you said it doesn't need to be small.......MK3 golf TDi, Peugeot 205 diesel or 206, Polo 1.9TDi, VW Fox/Lupo

the last shape nissan micras, circa 04 shape, they are an absolute blast.

I had a little 1.0 as a body shop courtesy car and it was so good, i recommended them to anyone that was considering them.

The interiors are typically nissan, utilitarian, but not a soul destroying place to be and you can thrash the tits out of the engine and if you keep it in the zone its a nippy little characterful car

I love my little winter hack its great not having to worry about getting ya car dirty and stuff I love

Dunno' date=' my VR6 is the best car in my whole family when it comes to snow out of the front wheel drive cars

[/quote']

That heavy lump of an engine aids traction!!!!!! what heavy lump!!!! no more so than others.......

I love my little winter hack its great not having to worry about getting ya car dirty and stuff I love

Dunno' date=' my VR6 is the best car in my whole family when it comes to snow out of the front wheel drive cars

[/quote']

That heavy lump of an engine aids traction!!!!!! what heavy lump!!!! no more so than others.......

I think the 2.8 is about 40kg heavier than a ford zetec-SE 1.6 lol so that would help, and i know for a fact that 1.8 20VT engine weighs about 30kg less than 2.8 VR6

but it about as heavy as a clio 172 engine, they are both around 170kg, and the 172 is such a fanny in the snow, its comically dangerous

I have the A6 for family duties and my car is my toy and hobby. My mpg at the moment is averaging about 23mpg and I travel 36 miles each day so about 160-170 miles a week. This is costing me about £40. I don't mind but just thought I could halve my weekly cost and take the 4mo off the road for the winter for some TLC. I could use the A6 instead but it limits what the Mrs can do.