VR6 Owners Club annual meet 2011 - Your views ....

I enjoyed it :) it was a good get together :) BBQ was a nice touch, the mods did an awesome job! S&S was good although admittedly a little confused on some of the categories lol the only demo l got to see was Tony servicing Dan’s car and got a few bits of useful info from that and he was more then happy to answer any questions along the way. I think having the show on 1 day is a little limiting imo, but l dont have to organise it so l understand lol and it was nice to have time just to relax and chat :)

all in all l call it a win! relaxed atmosphere, friendly, helpful people, nice cars, good food & good times :)

props to you guys for organising it :D

Free country mate and everybody is allowed to express their own views.

Actually my previous engine had port & polished head' date=' 268 cams, shrick manifold etc etc not quite factory but nobody complained. Is a charger acceptable ? I don't think i've seen a Forced or Turbo'd VR6 roll out of the factory.

Thanks for the praise, much appreciated ;-)

[/quote']

Whoa...

Think you got the wrong end of the stick mate.

I havent pointed guns at you for jack diddly doo, If you actually read my point carefully, you can see that nothing was aimed at you.

Its realistically to do with organistaion mate.

I spoke with you on saturday questioned you about your car and thought jeez, you done some serious shizzle, all done by yourself. This guy is the nuts within 6months completing the car where ive known people taking them just over a year to complete a conversion. (VR6).

Its just the categories were wrong etc pal. Thats all.

Now admin obviously have said that they are resolving the issue.

Id like to apologise if you felt that I had my Magnum pointed at you!

Well done once again. (h)

Free country mate and everybody is allowed to express their own views.

Actually my previous engine had port & polished head' date=' 268 cams, shrick manifold etc etc not quite factory but nobody complained. Is a charger acceptable ? I don't think i've seen a Forced or Turbo'd VR6 roll out of the factory.

Thanks for the praise, much appreciated ;-)

[/quote']

Whoa...

Think you got the wrong end of the stick mate.

I havent pointed guns at you for jack diddly doo, If you actually read my point carefully, you can see that nothing was aimed at you.

Its realistically to do with organistaion mate.

I spoke with you on saturday questioned you about your car and thought jeez, you done some serious shizzle, all done by yourself. This guy is the nuts within 6months completing the car where ive known people taking them just over a year to complete a conversion. (VR6).

Its just the categories were wrong etc pal. Thats all.

Now admin obviously have said that they are resolving the issue.

Id like to apologise if you felt that I had my Magnum pointed at you!

Well done once again. (h)

Sorry bud, I shouldn't have rose to it, just felt like somebody had loaded your guns with live ammo. Went thro a lot getting it done, many frowns but the proof has been in the pudding this year (put an offer in for Plymouth Argyle's trophy cabinet)

No hard feelings ;)

All things being equal it was an enjoyable weekend,good to see old faces better to see new ones tho...S+S (h)catorgories were what they were people voted within those catagories and the results spoke for themselves ..independant judging, so there can in my eyes be no complaints, still think too much was tried to cram into one day but luckily we had the weather, just my opinion, anyway was still enjoyable even tho the cooking was somthing to behold lol... ;):)

My views if you want them

Myself and my boy had a great time and at no point in the two nights and one full day was there nothing to do, which for both of us was great.

We were a bit confused over the show and shine, but hey ho, no big deal and didnt take anything away from the weekend whatsoever.

Everyone was there to have fun and chill out and show their cars (apart from mine, it was filthy and I am glad I parked it right at the end!)

It was great that quite a few non VR6OC people came looking too.

Also what i liked was that everyone seemed to be completely chilled out and there was no shouting or loud noises coming from us so that looked good for us from the other campers' point of view.

Tony, the food was burnt a bit, but so what, it's a BBQ!! and everyone enjoyed it and ate loads, including me!! So thanks for that, it was very needed too!!

Overall, it was a great weekend and I will def be doing it again.

I didnt think the time spent there was too short or too long, felt just right for me!

tug of war and more space would have been good, but who was to know how packed it would be this year to last year??

I had a great time, and thanks to all the organisers and the good people that turned up

:-)

Me personally would like the event over an extra day, 1 day to get there and set up, 1 day to show and shine etc by makeing it a whole day, maybe more could make it that weren't camping?, 1 day to demo and final day to chill and pack up.

Just my thoughts.

Other than that, we had an awesome weekend, as has already been mentioned, everyone was chilled out relaxed and friendly.

Now I've got to go and try and get some photo's on here.......