What is going on with this country..?

Will it come to the point where we the tax paying citizens have to team up and stand up to these twats..?

If it is true and these kids are a minority then why are folks staying indoors and letting this happen? I know if it was my street getting wrecked i'd be outside rallying up the neighbours, friends and family to make a stand.. Lets see what happens when the majority say no..

Action like tgis would Probably frowned upon by the powers that be but they cant do shit and the kids know that..

Well its kicked off in portsmouth allready.

Fratton and palmeston road are rioting and The old time and envy building has been burnt down. That was something to do with an electrical fault though apparently.

I bet that was 'accident' they've been looking for an opportunity to remove that place for ages..

Still pompey have stacks of navy police im sure they'll be helping out.. Personally think they should have fenced off problem areas of weecock and paulsgrove ages ago..

They are indeed. Kwik mart in North end has been smashed in and 2 kebab shops in Palmeston road has been smashed aswell supposedly.

Fire in Southsea was an Accident something to do with electrics.

Not sure why these scum want to smash up there own city?

Cant be rioting to much in Portsmouth as the football is still being played at fratton park

that'd be the reason why.. start of the footie season always gets the boys rowdy, a bit of practice for the next saints v pompy match lol..

uk laws and human rights etc needs a radical change, im prety sure if this was happening else where i.e america or china these scum would of been already shot with real bullets not plastic ones,but instead its allowed to be continued ruineing more peoples homes and lifes.also how are working class people supposed to earn a liveing now there bussiness's have been destroyed! not to mention the people that have mortgages and cant go to work to pay that!

Bring back national service, i did 12 years in the armed forces and it never did me any harm, also the goverment should also give the police the right to use force, it works in other countries when the shit hits the fan. i mean once a few rubber bullets have been fired off then im sure these aholes will think twice about carrying on with their shite!!

4 break ins sorry, not 7.

Why aee they doing in takeaways?

Most of my neighbours need zimmers to walk and stand so there'd be no gatherings lol.

As for those caught rioting, prison, no tv, internet or phone calls, just lots of hard labour and regular beatings with bars.

Anyone having seen russian prisons and army training will no what i mean.

It's not just kids though, it's organsized crime, adults running it all, that's why no one will do anything about it.

Another view is it's the governments fault for letting this generation become like and get away with it with their slack punishments and free stuff so no one wants to work hard for their things anymore except people like us.

Well l just saw a bit of a headline before leaving for work this morning and it seems some people are finally starting to fight back!! Something about vigilantes on the streets, good l say let these little sh*tes get a beating and from what l could see it was all the older generation 30/40, although l don’t know the full story ?

I know that these tactics were also used in Northern Ireland, start a riot then when the cops are busy, use the time to move drugs and guns. So l am guessing organised crime is loving this :(

all i can say is i grew up in tottenham and hackney in the same streets where all this shite is happening and i DO NOT agree with this behaviour,its pointless and its wrecking peoples lives,on the news they're saying times are hard and they've got no money or jobs,its been like that for centuries yet our grandparents never went out and trashed the place,they're not doing it to make a point its just,THEFT, BURGLARY,ROBBERY,simple and if the police as under powered as they were smashed into them and cracked a few ribs and fingers then it would have stopped but they allowed them to have an inch and they took a mile,now people have been killed and its going to get worse before it gets better,all i can say is i hope they dont use this excuse to start a race war

nah , its all an excuse dan , the orig shooting although tragic , is all forgotton about , as the people looting and roit'ing dont even no him .

i grew up not to far from there , and am sickend by the whole thing .

people obvisouly have no respect for law in any form , the punishments also do not fit the crime.

look at it this way, prisions and youth prisions are full , abso's dont work, and community service is a joke.

where is the deterant .

I feel the media are largely to blame for this.

The current generation of youths watch extreme sensationalism on the news about how the country is going to schitt, how Britain has too many immigrants, how we don't make anything anymore, how crime is rife and goes unpunished, how the army and Police are being cutback, how taxes are going up, fuel is going up, food is going up, everything is going up!!

With such negativity constantly being crammed in our faces it's impossible for it to not boil over into rage on the streets. It's exacly what the media wanted. They should be held accountable for their irresponsibility imo.

Sure, they will argue that they are merely informing the public, but why does the public need to know the armed forces and police are being cut back? Why mention it if not to incite fear and unrest in law abiding citizens and an excuse for the reprobates to start trouble?

I bet the media secretly loved all this trouble. They would like nothing more than to see England's cities turn into Ghettos with daily shootings and stabbings.

I'm not for one minute condoning the actions of these spineless gangs ripping up the country though. They're too dumb to realise they are crapping on their own doorstep and if they are so tough and have no prospects, why don't they join the army and put all the energy to good use? They won't though because underneath the hoods and numbers, they are all spinless tw@ts picking on pensioners and inanimate objects.

I also blame the limp wristed government. They should have rolled out 16,000 coppers, water cannons and plastic bullets from the start, but no, they wait until historic buildings get torched and 150 coppers get injured first.

Cameron cut his holiday short....oooooh, what a hero. And for all the coverage on the news about his return to the UK, what do we get? A limp wristed warning about these thugs feeling the full force of the law. Please. You don't have much force Cameron. Your cabinet won't allow it. Teresa May for one. Get rid of the spineless bitch now.

And so on....

And who has to pay for the damage to be repaired? The tax payers. Which clearly excuses the thugs who did it in the first place as they're all obviously unemployed. I don't know of any employed people who smash up bus stations of an evening and then get up for work the next day!

And THAT many riots can only have been controlled by a central mastermind. All packs have a leader and when they find him.....rip his head off.

With all the CCTV images of the offenders government should take a channel on freeview and scroll the pictures. Each picture with a reference number and all of them with one telephone number and a call centre manned for the next month or so. This could be manned by the military if necessary. Lets get some names, addresses and arrests soon as possible. I'd volunteer to do some shifts.

the crimewatch channel, like that :thumbsup:

dunno why it takes such extremism to get anything done in this country though, its just another problem, like kev said, if you push people enough, they will react, you can only contain unrest for so long before the sh!t will hit the fan.

The best you could hope of out of this is that any authorities get a short sharp shock and a shake up, cos the current system obviously doesnt work for a sh!t.

While i do see the point of the media being to blame as they are telling people too much, this is the information age and any witholding of information is met with great suspicion, and to be black and white, if it wasnt being done, behind secret doors or not, the media wouldnt have anything to report.

So i do not blame the media, as they are just the messengers, the people accountable are the people making these big decisions badly

Im actually surprised its taken so long, but i did actually say to a mate that i bet something like this would happen within this year, although i thought the "reason" would be fuel and food prices alone.

I think a lot of sensible commentry here and it is good to see that us working folks have a much better grip on the "state of the nation" than it seems a lot of the powers that be... we all work blummin hard for our stuff and appreciate everything/one around us and yes we disagree... but!!!!!

So with that in mind what is the solution?

I am a fan of extremes like national service and having had a low car.... "road gangs" why the hell not. If it aint done right then solitary.... Rather than the three squares and and the gym training camps we curretnly send people to so they come out fighting fit...!!!

I believe they must payback.... how is another discussion!!!

I also worry about this is the reason to arm our Police... Thoughts??? Do you think we will hear it??

On a final note I was reading the Metro on the tube today and a couple of things cought my eye... A couple of girls were interviewed and a small article was placed.. I will try and find the link and post it... but in summary.. they were supping their stollen rose and saying what a laff... and these rich people who own business can afford it etc etc anyway I hope theres more, it was a laff and we get free stuff... Innit..

The second was the local comunities...Turkish, indian,etcetcetc...... Look BNP we're here protecting our streets where are you???... Intersting that some of the "minority" communities with a big community and family ethic, were on the streets protecting theirs and the rest of the country (to a level/point) stayed indoors...

Now again I dont condone some of these things and they could have created other issues but it an interesting addition to the discussion, dont you think???