Just wanted to ask how much the timing chain kit costs and if it comes with sprockets tensioners and guide rails. My clutch needs doing so I'm thinking of doing the chains at the same time the engine has done 108k. I hear a tiny noise on start up but after two minutes or so it goes away.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah make is fine . clutch at same time as chains is a great idea. i can supply one if you want , email the info addy in my sig if intrested.

did you get the tensioner bolt .if not get one , as they do go and for the money

if you dont wanna do it yourself i can put you in touch with a man that can .

Woahh finally a reply lol. That's brilliant mate thanks for your help. I haven't got the tensioner bolt didn't know I needed one but will pick one up now. I have already bought my clutch now, do you think the head should be reconditioned at the same time will it improve performance allot. ?? I'm a mechanic by trade so I will be doing it myself heard it's quite a job Though.

its not as bad as you may think, but you do need a plate to lock the cams into place . you could have th head checked , but if it aint broke then dont fix it.

my car had done 194000 miles on the orig engine when i sold it.. it also had 389 bhp .

i carried out the conversion circa 170 ish . i had no problems.

my point is , its more about the life it has had and if its been looked after. a stamped book is great , but you need reciepts to go with it .

True say mate well I picked up mine really cheap £600 to be precise and it's only got 108k on it fully loaded as the highlines are purple leather and and the rest. I think I'll leave the head for now as I can do it any time and I don't think the box has got to come of to do it. I Havnt got the locking tool Do I really need it I'm starting tommorow.

If you dont use the tool the cams will come out of time with each other / crank shaft, so when you start the engine, the valves will start hitting the pistons crowns, then your entering a whole world of trouble, bent valves, pretty blown head, and severe damage to pistons.

Trust me when i say, make sure the engine is in time!!