[poll] iPhone 4 or HTC Desire S

My phones broke, and my contracts up for renewal, so went into store today and played with a few phones. Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Expedia etc etc.

Anyway, I've narrowed it down to either the iPhone 4 or HTC Desire S (with the new android 2.3 software)

Both £35 a month, but iPhone I have to pay £69 for the handset before anything else.

Now this is where I'm stuck and need to persuasion from people who own them or want to own them!!

wait another month and get the HTC Sensation, their new flagship model. Early reports are having it trounce all over anthything else and the only phone that is level with it is teh Galaxy S2 which is not due for a few more months! i've pre-ordered mine! The original Desire still leads from the Iphone 4 in most tech reports as the best phone on the market, now that says something about a phone that is 1 year old over the newer Iphone4. Desire S isnt worth it as it is just the refreshed Desire, nothing really new on it and not dual core. Wait a month and get the Sensation

right on a sort of technical level...

Iphone is belting for apps, music and interface with the world of Mac... You will find it a lot easier to get apps etc as it is all off the same platform as your ipod. However it is restricted and if you try and connect to things that are not Mac/apple/related it can be a real Bit$h to resolve.

The battery must be charged and is a pig after some time if you have issues. You cannot go on ebay and buy one yourself. So the first app you should buy is the charger and battery care app.

HTC... believe it or not they actually did/do the platforms for most phones... and they recently-ish decided to go their own way and launch phones. Android operating system is much more open but sometimes life is easier if you also have a google email address. Batteries are available online line as with normal phones.

I have a HTC and love it. the easiest thing in the world I have ever used and set up. very efficient - and if I blow it I just pop the battery out and carry on rather than have to do the resets the missus has to with her iphone and re-connect.

Follow the the world or go your own way... .. the choice is yours......

Worthy of note though that new phones are on their way and always worth a look on line at things like you tube where people do propper reviews (quite good actually) and then the usual T3 and Stuff magazines as they regularly review impending smart phones etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had iPhones since 2007 never had to change any of them. Infant my original iPhone is still going strong :)

Thats the thing was always a Blackberry man until my business partner switched me over. I started on the 3g and I had 5 of them. Its a way of Life though I would put anyone off buying an iphone. I have the TomTom app and various other expensive apps so I am stuck on Iphone I can't change as I lose all the stuff on itunes.

i phone 5 all thae way better in every respect and so much better to use

Alex you Knob!!!

Have you got one then??

IPhone 5 isn't out yet

And rumour has it (from a mate thats a geek) that it will be an iPhone 4Gs NOT 5! And release date is put back til nearer christmas rather than the june july date of previous iPhones.

Very little changes apart from the credit card swipe thingy.

I may be wrong though as its still all rumour.

iPhone is the way to go though mate :)

Nige

iPhone 5

if you belive all you read it will have a fold away bouncy castle and give you the results for future sports events if you say just the right combination of words at a certain speed and pitch of your voice, just wait until its released