xbox 360's and girlfriends

Its great,

thought me and the misses would get an xbox to share as we both love the forza 3 game,

only thing is shes on it for hours on end on a evening when it was supposed to be me on there and her watching the soaps etc etc lol,

good thing is i get to be on here now whilst she is putting r36 engines in mk4 r32's lol

:)(B)

I wish my Mrs was slightly inclined to like the xbox. I only play it after 10pm because apparently, spending time together means 6:30pm - 10pm is her watching soaps while I sit bored on the computer.

Both sky and phone line sit at the front room TV. Internet cable for an extension to the back room will cost me £130.

I wish my Mrs was slightly inclined to like the xbox. I only play it after 10pm because apparently' date=' spending time together means 6:30pm - 10pm is her watching soaps while I sit bored on the computer.

Both sky and phone line sit at the front room TV. Internet cable for an extension to the back room will cost me £130.

[/quote']

lol bad times mate

i would love a look in on the xbox, only time i get to go on it is if shes on here looking at stuff for the car ha ha

I wish my Mrs was slightly inclined to like the xbox. I only play it after 10pm because apparently' date=' spending time together means 6:30pm - 10pm is her watching soaps while I sit bored on the computer.

[/quote']

you need to put your foot down.. give her the choice of xbox or sexy time!! can't go wrong with whatever she says then!

works for me... i'm always on the xbox! haha :D

[/quote']

how big is your house? cat5 cable is like £1 a metre

[/quote']

Can u not get a router, i got one free through virgin , my mrs uses phone laptop etc while i use xbox no need for wires etc ?

Its great' date='

thought me and the misses would get an xbox to share as we both love the forza 3 game,

only thing is shes on it for hours on end on a evening when it was supposed to be me on there and her watching the soaps etc etc lol,

good thing is i get to be on here now whilst she is putting r36 engines in mk4 r32's lol

[/quote']

FM3 is starting to do my head in a bit :-| FM2 was more fun in the lobbys. Do you both race online? What class if you do.

Its great' date='

[/quote']

not been playing it online as yet, but just got live membership so im sure we will do soon,

or i will if i get a look in..., i will let you know when we do and look out for your gamer tag. :)

FM3 is starting to do my head in a bit :-| FM2 was more fun in the lobbys. Do you both race online? What class if you do.

[/quote']

That is the exact same boat that im in!

"i just want to spend time with you instead of you sat there on the xbox"

but spending time just means being in the same room and she can watch crap made up stories on eastenders and stuff!!!!!!!!

sod that! get the little un in bed and settled and im going to the pub!

[/quote']

but spending time just means being in the same room and she can watch crap made up stories on eastenders and stuff!!!!!!!!

LOL.

All the pubs around here in walking distance are full of druggies lol. Besides, doing that would be worse than getting the VR back on the road without telling her.... bad times.

Adult activities have ceased since Ollie was concieved, so, meh. Can't go into my garage to tidy up VR because I'm ignoring sarah....apparently.

Probert, I do believe that I have dial up net speed from a 10mb "capped" phone line. Download speed is around 56kb per second. Takes about 12 minutes to download a 3 minute video from pootube. Xbox doesn't seem that problematic though. I havn't bothered with a wireless adapter because of the cost and that direct wire connection serves its purpose better than wireless. Being slower than cable.

Lukey, where is that from? I'm also guessing that it doesn't come with a connector box for the new extra cable to connect to with the original cable from the hub.

By connector box, I mean the little white ported box that the line connects to.

[/quote']

LOL.

All the pubs around here in walking distance are full of druggies lol. Besides, doing that would be worse than getting the VR back on the road without telling her.... bad times.

Adult activities have ceased since Ollie was concieved, so, meh. Can't go into my garage to tidy up VR because I'm ignoring sarah....apparently.

Probert, I do believe that I have dial up net speed from a 10mb "capped" phone line. Download speed is around 56kb per second. Takes about 12 minutes to download a 3 minute video from pootube. Xbox doesn't seem that problematic though. I havn't bothered with a wireless adapter because of the cost and that direct wire connection serves its purpose better than wireless. Being slower than cable.

Lukey, where is that from? I'm also guessing that it doesn't come with a connector box for the new extra cable to connect to with the original cable from the hub.

By connector box, I mean the little white ported box that the line connects to.

wireless will be at least 5 times more bandwidth than your internet so would not be a bottleneck for your networking if you have a wireless router. You can get runs of cable, rj45 ends and ending pliers, which would be the most equipment you would need for networking, from any contractor suppliers. Is your xbox an older one that doesnt have wireless built in? in which case yes cabling would probably be a better proposition