I told my self I wasnt going to do a build thread until the first show was over. But its just been eating me up not having a build thread somewhere.

I bought the car after deciding I needed power and a 1.2 polo just wasnt cutting it and 20vT would cost too much! After goping out in my mates home build rado VR6T I just had to have a VR6, even if it was just for the noise. That thing was a rocket!

I orig wasnt a mulberry mk3 but after seeing a satin silver come up for sale I just had to have a mk3 in that colour. I only ever saw 2 up for sale in the months I was looking and one of those is the onw im owning now. Ive heard my mk3 had a previous owner who was a member of the club? (would love to get intouch if anyone knows him?)

I bought the car late spring it was tidy but not perfect. Typical mk3 with rust on the wings but nothing the bodyshop coudlnt sort out.

From this

4552106482_585b56de53willhouse.jpg

To this

How I bought it

DSC03420.jpg

First thing i done was give it a quick wash and sort out a few bits

P5061774.jpg

The angel eyes were the first things to be changed. went for the standard twin chamber Vr lights which imo look alot nicer!

Then I bought a set of wheels from my mate, something simple, kinda motorsport themed. Picked them up in silver with balloon tyres. So tyres came off and they got painted satin white and smaller tyres fitted

P7151993-1.jpg

P71519981.jpg

Ran them to inters with quite a bit arch gap due to seized coilies. Wheels were sold a few weeks later and new rings bought for the coilies.

P7292023.jpg

I had big plans to get the car sorted for edition but had a big problems down at my mates unit who was going to paint the car. The compressor decided to pack in. resulting in the mk3 not getting painted for edition. He had a small compresser which was able to paint me a wing but not do a full shoot.

DSCF1859_edited-2-1.jpg

41323_1602823916451_1411706786_31552631_3886599_n1.jpg

CopyofDSC_0494.jpg

Got it booked into bodyshop 2 weeks after edition to get the work done before winter set in. Fresh paint and a few slight mods, nothing OTT. I want to keep it looking OEM and simple. Mods that you wouldnt really notice unless you know what your looking for.

The guy that painted it has some serious skills when it comes to paint (youll see at UD!)

Some pics of when it was in (no pics of the mods, gunna keep them secret for now!)

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

I dont have any pics of it all pieced together but i minaged to grab these the other day after a quick clean, nothing special just a quick once over.

Who says silver paintwork doesnt give reflection....

PC082149.jpg

PC082150.jpg

PC082158.jpg

PC082151.jpg

There is atill alot left I want to do. I need to get the interior sortd for UD, get a few bits painted, perfect stance and tidy up the bay, cos its a mess atm.

Its still a daily but im hoping to have a run about next year and keep this off the road and keep it fresh. Eventually I would love for it to be turbo'd but ££££

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still to get a full detail. That's just flatted back and polished with G3 which is only a basic polish, then wax ontop.

Silver is a hard colour to get depth from. I was in two minds whether to change the colour when it was in getting bodywork and new paint. But with not seeing many silver mk3s I decided to keep it. Had some other awesome colours picked out!

Carpets are getting removed and cleaned ready for ud. Engine bay is getting cleaned and having a few things hidden and relocated just to make it look clean and tidy. Got a different engine cover aswel which is getting sprayed. However if I can pick up a things in the US the engine bay will be looking a trick but very oem!

Found a few picks of the wheel build which ill upload when I've got the time. But the wheels could be getting build to different spces for UD!

Yeah RFs. I originally bought them due to not many people running them but now every man and his dog has a set which is quite annoying! Trying to be original and people copy. Their prices are only increasing due to them using RS parts. Be lucky to get a set without adaptors for under 4figures now.they come in a few fitments but they aren't very daptor friendly. I'm running max camber up front and some pretty stretch tyres to get them to fit. Need to get a few bits machined down to get them sat how I want to. Need arch work aswel!

Pm me about them if you want. They fit but with incorrect stance it will make them look soo wrong! And that's the problem with RFs they require a lot of work. With vat going up soon, scene tax will increase and the price of wheels will rocket! I'd look at compomotive and speedline, both under rated wheels and they look pimp!

Nah not done it yet. Hopefully getting done in the next few weeks. See how much it raised the sump by. Only doing the front engine mount for now (seems to be what everyone does). Ive got them for the other 2 mounts aswel but heard you can get problems with the exhaust catching.