A warning for all... Please read!!

personally i dont think its stupid at all, i saw a car parked on a junction of a round about that left 3-4 inches of snow on there roof which slide down as they braked and as a result of that they had gone into the side of someone on the round about. Its about safty, i agree they dont have to give a fine and give points but if people want to be stupid and not take an extra 5 mins to sort the car out then they deserve what they get.

It does sound stupid but to be fair, I nearly had an accident last year because of the snow on my roof. Braked a little hard and it all came sliding down the window and couldnt see where the hell I was going.

3 points is a bit harsh though, I think a fine would be enough.

Just came across this

*POLICE in South Yorkshire say a text message warning that officers are fining motorists for travelling with snow on their roofs is a hoax.

The text message, which originated in Humberside, warns that police officers are issuing Fixed Penalty Notices and three penalty points to motorists driving vehicles with excessive snow on their vehicles.

But Sergeant Andy Noble, of South Yorkshire's Serious Collisions Unit, said: "We are aware of a hoax text message that is believed to have originated in the Humberside area claiming to be from Humberside Police stating that motorists will be prosecuted for driving with excessive snow on their roofs.

"If there is an excessive amount of snow on a vehicle's roof it could cause problems with visibility if the snow was to slide down over the windscreen or could cause problems to other road users if it lands on their vehicle. In such a case the vehicle could be classed as being in a dangerous condition.

"There have been no reports this week of anyone being prosecuted in relation to this in South Yorkshire but we urge all motorists to drive with extra care.

"It is essential that motorists clear all windows and lights on their vehicle and ensure their vehicle is roadworthy before setting out."*

I suppose if it hadn't been a hoax, it would have been at the discretion of the police officer.

I do see the car owners that have removed the driver side part of the windscreen and that is it. Rest is covered in 2+ inches of snow.

A light dusting left after cleaning it off should be acceptable.

Notice lorries drop child/toddler sized chuncks of solid gritty ice. That's dangerous to my car bumper. :(

yep a hoax. However I see, and expect, the rozzers to do people for inadiaquate visability due to ice or snow. Persoanlly I do clear the roof, and bonnet, for reason of snow chunks. Especially around my way where we haven't had that much snow and the roads are now clear. Other than crap falling off cars.

And it pisses me off that people don't clear their headlights. How the f**k are we supposed to see your indicators.

Oh, sorry. I forget that in the UK in the C21st indicating is optional!!