Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What are people's views on turbo oil supply and return lines? -3an for supply and -10an for return?

What about restricting oil flow/pressure to save turbo oil seals, reduced from main engine oil pressure?

• 2 weeks later...

I did the oil lines for mine yesterday Bungy. I went with 1/4" bsp unrestricted feed and a 16.5mm ID return which I was able to get from a tractor in work believe it or not lol, correct flange and all on it :D

I did the oil lines for mine yesterday Bungy. I went with 1/4" bsp unrestricted feed and a 16.5mm ID return which I was able to get from a tractor in work believe it or not lol' date=' correct flange and all on it :D

[/quote']

16mm ID sounds big but I'm guessing you are trying to get as unrestricted drain as possible. Did you mount the drain flange high up on the sump?

Haven't just done that yet as I want to see where the driveshafts sit and in my case they need shortened on one side and lengthened on the other bit yes, it will be as high as I can get it to make sure it has every cance to get away from the turbo

• 2 weeks later...

It's been slow going but I managed some more on my turbo manifold today. The wastegate flange is positioned and tacked in place. For the transition to the turbo I had to make some custom box section and there is still loads of work to scribe it to size and then the final fit to position the turbo as it is tight for space.

d02cda89.jpg

6ddf1d45.jpg