Well its only taken me 4 years lol but here is a little history of my beloved motor!

As I said I bought her about 4yrs ago with ABT 17" wheels, highine interior and vento front and smooth bumper.

Before I even put her on the road I swapped out the old coilies and dropped her on Koni fully adjustable coilies (as recommended by Craggsy!), full straight through Longlife stainless exhaust and backbox and colour coded mk4 Polo rear door handles to leave her looking as below:

tn_VR6005.jpg

tn_VR6003.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

Next minor mods, sourced a pair of rare projector Vento lights:

DSC00365.jpg

New Optima Red Top battery and chrome holder, new header tank, polished gas struts, Raid HP air filter and uprated 8.5mm Dub Power HT leads:

Cruisefront.jpg

Golfcruise.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

I decided the wheels needed re-furbed so had them done in BMW shadow chrome. Due to having plans to turbo her i decided i needed something to stop me first so on went a pair of Porsche Brembo 4 pots and 312mm grooved discs upfront and mk4 Golf rear calipers with Green Stuff pads on rear:

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

Then I got lazy and didnt do much to her other than uprate the cams to 248 profiles (Thanks to Tony) and on went some blue Samco's

car004.png

Soon got bored of the Vento front and every man and his dog were doing it so i put the Golf front back on complete with Mk4 style crystal headlights and debadged grill:

bra1.jpg

DSC00056Custom.jpg

After blowing up my gearbox and sheering a driveshaft I left her standing for a good few months until my rebuilt box complete with Quaife dif arrived! Got that fitted JUST in time for Inters and set off! After a great show and a couple of days at home i went on to destroy my CV joint on the replacement driveshaft!!!

Below is a pic showing the CV casing next to the dent it put into the tarmac as it came off! Thank god it went down and not up through my wing!!

CVjointMedium.jpg

Then came the final mod and probably the most drastic, another full interior. Stripped the car out and put in a false floor, rear strut brace, front strut brace, 2x Konig K50000 seats and harnesses. The false floor, seats, dash, and panels were covered in a toffee vinyl with the roof lining and some trim on the dash covered in a darker vinyl. The center consol/handbrake surround was flocked and the pillars/plastic sprayed matt black.

And this is how she looks today :)

car002Medium.jpg

car001Medium.jpg

Wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

Cleeeeeen001Medium.jpg

Cleeeeeen002Medium.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

about time !!!!! and glad to see you are keeping her and have re-found your vr love mate :) look forward to seeing you at some shows next year

Haha i know' date=' i know, ive been rubbish! :$

Yer you too old boy, hopefully you'll have something from the V stable again by then?

[/quote']

yes you have !! ;)

yeah I hope so mate, fingers crossed :)

Thanks Helen :) got a little more to do to her to get her exactly how I want but finally nearly getting there. Hopefully I'll see a lot more of you guys next year :)

place for you on the OC stand it is :-) ... shows are so much better when you can bring a car to them!!! lol though I found it quite relaxing last year not to be so worried about dirt :-)

Nice work ollie glad your keeping it dude

Sweet motor mate and well done on all the work looks like a spot on job!!

Cheers chaps

Thanks Helen :) got a little more to do to her to get her exactly how I want but finally nearly getting there. Hopefully I'll see a lot more of you guys next year :)

place for you on the OC stand it is :-) ... shows are so much better when you can bring a car to them!!! lol though I found it quite relaxing last year not to be so worried about dirt :-)

Haha yer was hoping my spot had been kept warm through my absence this year. Will be good to see yours back at shows as well!