My insurance is financially killing me - need help please !

my mate has gone with green light.... 605 / year, but hes got 3years NCB... I suspect your lack of NCB is doing it for you...

When I first got my VR6, I bought a cheap banger, and insured that to build up my NCB.... I then insured the VR6 on my dads policy for a couple of years, then switched the VR6 onto the policy I had my banger on.... made it quite affordable, and I was on my own insurance policy quite cheaply at the age of 20.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gona try a few more insurance companies' date=' see what i come up with, if not i will have to put the vr up for sale :-(

[/quote']

I've said this before, and will say it again, get a cheap banger, insure it as your daily runner and add the vr as a SECOND car on the policy with limited mileage. That way you wont pay half the insurance you're paying, oh and add an older driver too, it does work. Believe me........

Nah dont mind at all' date=' 22 age 3 points, 0 ncb, but been driving 4 years on another policy.

[/quote']

OOOOHHH youngster...no wonder you're struggling.......I'd think about the tips, ie adding vr as a second car, older driver on the policy limited mileage.....

Get a real cheap piece of crap, don't even need to be mot or taxed, leave it on the drive insure it add the vr then run around in the vr......nudge nudge

I thought being 17 was youngster age but maybe im wrong thought i would be classed as a mature driver. lol.

NAAAA mature drive got to be at least 22 and a half...lol........ seriously 25yrs when the policy starts to come down, 30's better, 40's better again 50's best......60's going up again.......

Spoke to sky insurance today they managed to beat my current premium by £45.00 a month' date=' which works out to a annual saving of about £500, great result but still looking to find it cheaper.

[/quote']

It's a great start though......Looks like we'll be keeping a few more members who've been struggling with INS costs...aka Ian-Rodgers......

My insurance company rang me today - quinn direct, they said i can cancel my policy by sending back my documents i.e. insurance certificate etc, BUT they will not refund any of my deposit at all as the "14 day period" has gone. It looks like i am stuck with them for now. :-(