My insurance is financially killing me - need help please !

Deposit was the good part of £700, not sure about the second part of your question will have to look into that in a bit more detail, but i am sure any insurance company will refund some part of the deposit, might have to ring them back and speak to someone else that might help.

I have been with the insurance company for more than a month now but if i cancelled the policy within the 14 day period, my full deposit would have been refunded and only an admission fee would have been charged, about £35.00.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£700 deposit and after that £265 per month, cheapest i could find at that given moment in time, desperate to get insured at that time.

I will be ringing them to chase up on it and find out if they can charge me for the time i have been insured and refund the rest, plus need to re read through the terms and conditions and small print.

• 2 weeks later...

Mate i feel for you... im with Admiral and there are pretty decent to be fair, as soon as i hit 25 early this year i noticed a big swtich in prices... It seems insures class "youngsters" now as 17-24, i personally couldnt warrnet a £265 a month insurance, maybe sorn it for a year do what you need to to it and run around in a banger!?

Good luch fella

Thanks guys for you comments and advice, i am very busy at the moment like a lot of people at this time of the year, with work being busy for Christmas, so really have had the chance of sitting down to sort insurance out but will get round to doing it - selling the car is still a possibility but we see how things go.

Just a quick update i just spoke to my insurance company, and i asked them to explain everything regarding cancelling and refunds.

The man that i spoke to worked out if i was to cancel my policy today, i would owe the insurance company 40% which he worked out roughly to about £600.

So if i stay with them i got pay the big monthly premium, and if i leave them today they will still take £600 from me.

And even if i go to another insurance company i would still have to pay a big deposit, which will probably be around £600 - so i am in a catch 22 situation cant win either way.

However i got some good news i added my father as a named driver on the policy and managed to save £60.00 for the year - not so good compared to the huge premium i am paying.

Oh well going to keep ammending my policy till i get to some figures that i like the sound of. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i update my thread now, done a bit more research into my insurance and found out if i can get a letter sent out to me from my previous insurance company stateing how long i was a named driver with them in my case 4 years and send it to my current insurance company, my premium should come down as it shows i have been a named driver on a policy for 4 years without any accidents claims etc.

Just waiting for the letter to arrive so i can send it out to my new insurance company and i have also decided to increase my voulntary excess from £250 to £350, a good idea peeps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanx Craig, it's not bad i guess wat i am paying for insurance, where i live, policy in my name, points etc, so it's betta then not having a vr all together lol.

At least this way i can still be part of the vr6 forum, by the way ur r32 is phat. Let us know wat ur renemwal quoute is wen u get it. should be interesting to know.