17s what do they feel like to drive

well i found from going from some god awfull aftermrket 17's to tt comps because of the weight difference it made a huuuuge difference on acceleration but then again my old ones were like running a set of anvils. im guessing an extra inch wud add some weight :) but then again it depends what alloy you get because the weight can differ hugely.

im looking at oz superleggera or speedline turins i think there called

My mate just got OZ superturismos and painted them white for his vento and it looks like a 90's touring car. Looks awesome!

My next door neighbor had them on his rado vr. They look insane and weigh not very much at all. You got a picture of the vento ?

i went from the oem BBS 15s to BBS RC 17s. I think they actually improved the ride, it seems to ride out bumps etc better, these wheels are lighter than the original 15s so theres no noticeable difference in speed or acceleration.

if you stick on heavier wheels the added weight combined with the added rolling radius will make your car slower

if you put on those lightweight wheels you mentioned they will be the same or less than the originals, prob in the region of 8 to 8.5kg a corner without tyres

Right thanks for the information everyone, I shall see what this months bonus pay is then it's all about deciding which wheels I wanna go for :)

So basically it's 17s that are light with max tyre spec of 205/40 ? And a min of 195/40?

Or stick with the 16s which I already have.

Any tyre recommendations? Not too fussed on price but nothing over re moon at the end of te day there keeping me on the road :)

Once again thanks for the help

depends on what you want aswell as the width of the wheel.

7 - 8J will fit 205/40/17 fine and will be like 20-30% cheaper than 215s

as for brands just stay in the big bunch, ie michelin, goodyear, dunlop, continental, toyo, pirelli, bridgestone

stay away from nankang, woosung etc ie ditchfinders

• 1 month later...

Hi there's a web site someones put together to give you an idea of what tyres do what. The bottom line was the bigger the wheel/tyre diameter the worse the accelleration will be plus the speedo will read wrongly see the KOUKI TECH web site it tells you how much the speedo will be out also.