Awesome GTI Store

Just a quick heads up to all those who were looking at CAMS they are selling Neuspeed 268 Cams for OBDI engines for £168.00 BARGAIN...

I'd be quick if i were you all ... Anyone who wants them get in touch via their web page they reply quickly next day

I'm ordering mine next pay day...

Mike

Having read the cam buy threads several times it appears that 268's are what people recomend for NA engines but £168 is a steal... Although fitting is quoted at around £258 ... I'd save some pennies and have my mate DANH fit mine ...

I'd save some pennies and have my mate DANH fit mine ...

oh is that so! haha yea no worries...but tbh it looks like there the 8v cams not 12v :( if im wrong i will be aving a set tho!!!

Are they needed if planning to go turbo or supercharger later on?

u dont 'need' cams to go FI.....depends wot ur targets are, they perform fine on standard cams. not sure wot best are but 263's are good for turbos

How will the feel of the car change? will it be better low down, mid range or top end? Im not really clued up on cams atm.

Does the car need a remap after the cams are fitted?

I want something thats going to help the VR pull better low down, it seems to have nothing below 3krpm.

F/i vrs run much better on lower rated cams, 268's are good for n/a applications and the cars behaviour will remain driveable.

Anything higher than 268 will idle lumpy and unless ur looking at serious tuning and tweeking stick with them!

I made the mistake of going fo 268's several years ago, just before buying my 1st charger, then had to have them removed as they proved detrimental to the power increase, causing breathing issues..

Nethertheless a very good price!

you need a schrick inlet mani lol

here's the difference' date=' the bottom graph is with the schrick fitted and with the big torque increase early, the dip in the middle is the flap switching which looks bad their, so we changed the switching point 100rpm lower and it smoothed things out

[img']http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/xyber81/STAGE1TQ.jpg

STAGE2TQ.jpg

well i did email them aand and give them the details of my VR6 and they said they would go on

do u mind pm'ing me email? the only ones listed on their website are 8v ones.....obviously they wont fit. im doing my tappets this weekend and while im there would be rude not to!

How will 268s affect performance and feel of the car?

Are they needed if planning to go turbo or supercharger later on?

Schrick 268s noticably blunted my car's <4000rpm torque. But 4000 onwards was fun fun fun :)

Ideally with those you need the Schrick intake to get the torque back, but it's fruitin expensive.

I imported 50-60 sets of Schimmel 263 cams a couple of years ago for Group Buys and not one single person complained of a lack of torque after fitting them. They are a great cam.

I have no idea what these Neuspeed 268s are like, but i suspect they are made by Techtonics Tuning. They make quite a few of the cams for the American brands. £168 sounds like a stock clearance price to me, but as a brand, Neuspeed are probably one of the best I've seen for aftermarket VW parts.

268s generally don't suit Superchargers due to the increased overlap to help scavenging in NA applications. Unlike turbos, which have massive back pressure, Superchargers have nothing to stop excessive overlap causing the boost to go straight down the exhaust pipe.