Please welcome the new events organiser

So after a very enjoyable couple of years performing this job it was time to pass it on to someone new and I am very pleased to say that after considering a number of applications we have decided uopn the following peeps.

Soooooo the new events organiser's for the VR6OC are ......

Tony and Helen :) I am sure that most of you know these two well but for those of you who havent had the pleasure -

Helen is our most committed mulberry member and takes the whole cololur coordination to the next level with mulberry clothes and luggage ! over the last few years she has been a regular on the forums and at all the shows until some bad luck this year has seen her miss most of the season :( however the car is now sorted and will be back bigger and better than ever next year - Helen owns without doubt one of the nicest, cleanest cars on this site and I am sure next year as well as helping you all to enjoy yourselves at shows she will be attending and winning some trophies herself :)

Here she is looking as glamorous as always :)

1284580334_5463_FT0_helen_events.jpg

Tony is the resident VR6 mechanic and general technical know it all ! the number of people who he has helped/advised on her is remarkable and judging by the number of cars he has physically done jobs too he is signle handedly keeping most of the VR's on the road ! which also makes it more surprising that his spends so much time on the back of an AA van !! do as I say not do as I do heh Tony ;) again like Helen Tony is a forum and show regular and you are guaranteed to see him smoking his tyres on the 1/4 mile at every opportunity.

Here is he - and yes Tony is the one on the right :)

1284580335_5463_FT0_tony_events.jpg

So I hope you will join me in wishing these two all the best in making the next few show seasons very enjoyable for you all and I hope you will support them and make their job fun by attending as many shows as possible :) :)

On a quick personal note I would like to say thankyou to everyone for supporting me in the role by doing the same and making the shows such an amazing part of this club - it really wouldnt be the same without them and if you havent done so I strongly urge you to get along to one in 2011 and see what the VR6OC is REALLY about :) :)

thank you very much Ben' date=' me and Helen will do our very best for the 2011 show season we have got some big shoes to fill following you success for the past few years .....

[/quote']

ditto, thank you Ben ( ;( ) you've done a super smashing job and I hope we do you and the club proud, will do our best, thanks for the lovely comments my friend :-)

This is a sad moment but also a good one... Sad to see ben step down after doing such a great job in making the show season what it is... But I know Tony n Helen will both do a great job and are a perfect pair for the job... Let's hope the 2011 season brings some new faces n some more great memories!! :)

Wow never thought id see a thread that would totally mix up my emotions!

As said by many; Ben will be sad to see you leave the roll as youve done such an Emazin job in the past. Just hope you still stick around and get to some shows next year!

But BIG congrats to Helen and Tony :) :) Couldnt imagine a better pair of people to step up to the mark. Look forward to next years shows under your reign :)

aww thanks Ollie, we will do our best and as Tony says some big shoes to fill... hope you can make it for the Christmas meet we're going to be planning it to make it les London/East Anglia centric as a start :-)

btw I (and possible Mark too) are coming to Carlisle 14-16th Oct so if you're around?

Just got back on line ,so just seen this well done for stepping up to the mark Tony and Helen, Well done Ben for your past efforts ,sorry about the other stuff but good luck, and it looks like future events are in good hands..

• 4 weeks later...