Turbo the VR6 or just buy an EVO?

Im not sure if i should turbo the VR6, or just save the money and hassle an buy a FQ 320 evo 8 or something like that.

Don't get me wrong i love my dub, 60% of the time i think fuck this, always braking, fighting rust, small little problems and dreaming/ stressing about making it into something it possibly can never be. constant massive list of things i want todo. im never happy with it. Really does my head in and i offen think about getting rid of it for a new car..

The rest of the time.. walking back to it at the petrol station, getting smiles nods and complements, Even had a "nice car, sounds mint" complement of a porsche 911 Turbo owner the other day LOL i was thinking its only a £800 golf. yours aint to bad eather haha

Its never going to handle like i want it to, drift or have the potential to, be able tackle the country roads and lanes or be that ammasing round a track, not with looking like i want to it anyway sure it could be faster in a strate line. but thats only half the fun.

so im thinking of buying a EVO for the drive (even though id feel like a nobhead driving it) and keeping the dub as a project car.. just get it looking and sounding just like i want it.

any one else feel like this

Evos eat £1k a pop clutches and have a serious drink problem. I know someone that bought an evo 8 and when he looked through all the receipts it had a new clutch every year!!

Thought about a b5 S4? 2.7 twin turbo and as much HP as your bank manager allows

Akid i work with has an Evo as said he does a clutch a year AND he dont drive it hard ,more of a poser car , even tho he has had remaps carbon bonnet and shed loads of other stuff but he does actually look like a numpty in it lol, wont even give me or Sal a race in the VRs ...

Had an evo 6 TME before the VR and freaking loved it and would defo get another!!!

As everyone says they are expensive blah blah blah...but i've probs spent more on my VR than i did on the Evo.

Guys look ok in an evo upto the 7 (maybe incl. the 7 if its done properly!) but anything after that and it becomes a car for your mum to to the Tesco big shop in!! Too soft!

I do love the Evo but dont think i would ever buy one though as i love my dubs. All my mates have Jap cars. Couple of Evo 6s (the best in my opinion, espescially the Tommy mak edition), P1 scooby, RX7 and a Supra. All lovely cars and stupidly quick but they spend top dollar on them when they go wrong. What about a WR1 scooby.

Yeh with you on that Russ. Prefer the 1st gen scoobys. WR1 is a nice colour though and wheels suit it well. Mates Dad had a UK 300 but didnt like the bug eyes. Evo Xs look pretty special. Hell of a lot of tech on them though. I get confussed trying to work my mobile lol

evo's pah... ive had my car turbo'd for a fair bit now , and although its not 4wd, it is a properly setup 2wd golf.. its not chav low, and the camber is set to my spec , as well as toe . its handles and outhandles cars 4 -5 times it value on track. its also way more reliable than any evo or scooby, will hunt down gt3 porsche's and more exotic machine given a hard enough push of the peddle.

a decent evo or similar car is circa 8 k , anything less and it will be a load of trouble ..

stick with the vr , and charge it in way way or another, you wont regret it, and you will suprise other things.

only my two pence..

comes down to cost really and sell on value

an older evo would cost less than the turbo kit/fitting alone,...and hold decent value

maped turbos put up big numbers but its all about torque and the v6 is gonna seem and sound faster