Vortech V3 Charged VR - Breaking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

More progression going on, Rear engine mount finally sorted, grill polished and VR6 badge is back on.

Next lot of work is new clutch and Goodridge braided brake cables. And I am getting the roof sprayed Piano Black.

Should all be done before the Christmas mini meet and party time!

I am already thinking about next years mods, and I am caught between Turbo or S/C. I said to Calico that S/C is for me but after looking around at cost blah. I am feeling the love for the Turbo route. Stealth do a really good deal on their Turbo conversion for the the money.

So I guess the next thing to do is work out the cost of parts? So standby for lots more forum posts!!!

Come on I got EBC Red Stuff Pads for the Fronts.

I am going to get a Shrick Manifold off Calico and then decide whether is worth going down the Turbo route? I still have the dream for Porsche D90s in Magnum Grey with the coloured centres and changing the suspension to AP or Weitech Coilovers

• 3 weeks later...

Phase One

1. Header Spacer + Gasket (Ordered from Vince @ Stealth)

2. ARP Head Bolts

3. Neuspeed 160 Degree Thermostat

4. G12++ Coolant (Thanks Craggsy)

5. NGK Spark Plugs

6. Gearbox Oil (G052726a2)

7. 13 Row Mocal Oil Cooler + Thermostat Plate + Metal Heat Exchanger Cap

8. VW Oil Filter

9. Synta Silver 10w 40

10. Front Wishbone Poly Bushes

11. K&N 62-1330 Universal 19mm Crank Case Breather Filter

• 4 weeks later...

Its been some time all, the S/C project died after numerous call's to insurance companys either refused or the premium was way too high. Considering I am 32 with 11 years NCB, with Craggys kit + 360cc injectors it was £845 + for 3rd party fire and theft.

So new plan!!

Schrick VGI Manifold + Bought not fitted

C2 ECU for N/A - May go see Vince instead?

263 Schimmel Cams

BMC CDA + Fitted

AP Suspension + Bought not fitted

Porsche D90's, 7's front, 8's rear with 20mm adapters all round + Fitted

Piano black roof + Only to hide the deep scratches.

Damn coilpack did not fix the issue, back to the drawing board. I bought a HT lead tool, so need to change the leads and plugs to see if that fixes the issue.

D90's are off for the moment and running standard GTI rims due to the wheel bolts being 1mm too long so found a new set of 21mm to fit but will have to wait a month or so.

Not all bad sold off my old suspension and rear cluster.

Oh schrick still not fitted, got the new bits of G-Werks wrong manifold gasket so hopefully this weekend it will be on if not,

I might sack it all and just be standard. Losing heart in the VR really quickly.