Vortech V3 Charged VR - Breaking

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bungy and oldmandon. It's killing me the VR is not working, I have not driven her in 2 weeks and the MOT is due in 2 weeks. If she is not running soon. I am going to be forced to sell the Schrick and D90's. I am already chatting to someone who is interested in the parts but it feels quite sad tbh.

If you want a hand next week any time i could help with your car fella. An boost your enthusiasm! ;-)

Might take you up on that fella? What about your hand Paul?

Don't worry bout my hand mate, near enough got full use back, but enough use to sort a vr!

Didn't sort the suspension as he needs the rear arches rolled. But the D90's are on, no knocking sounds so thats good.

So next weeks, is camber, tracking and oh the bloody MOT.

Then arches rolled and dropped to a sensible height for winter. Ah and off course the fitting of the schrick, but may leave this until January/February time with the Schimmel Cams.

MOT today not good big fat "F", both front inner sills have rotted with I have a hole on each side about the size of a fifty pence piece. Under two hundred quid to patch the hole and weld new sills with under seal as well. Not bad I guess, it needing doing anyway.

Well going to sack the Cams for now. Unless anyone can weld to MOT standards on the cheap locally in the next two days. Would have to be a good job though.

Well things are moving again, most importantly the VR.

I had the camber, toe and tracking done today by Tutts in Dorking. I got to say Amy there is pretty fit.

So next welding, I contact Bungy but with the weather being bad, decided to use a local lad who is going to plate weld (I think) the front sills which are totally knackered.

Then once passing the MOT, the rear arches can be rolled. I am looking at doing this myself to save money. LOL I have no idea what to do yet....