Your Day At Stealth...

'twas a fantastic day, nice to put faces to some of the names out there! about the high figures, i was talking in depth to a few of you and spoke of amd's rollers being a little boosted in showing good performance figures! and yet some of you were down on power compared to amd's figures. mina reckons the rollers at stealth are pretty accurate, and i guess he should know! 8o)

sonydigicampiccys_254.jpg

[ Edited Mon Feb 23 2004, 09:40AM ]

Had an excellent evening and day at stealth my car done 193.9 a.t.f and 151.something a.t.w and 180.something lb ft Torque and I was well impressed with this as a month ago it done 140 a.t.w at TSR and all its had is an induction kit exhaust and a filter.

The pics are fab especially the one of bagpuss!!!!! :)

Did seem like the rollers were reading slightly high yesterday. I've heard that Stealths rollers are normally accurate, and managed 112.7 from my stock 8V MK2 last year and 186 from my rado with a knackered MAF meter last last year, so it does seem that they are normally spot on, but for a standard OBD1 MK3 VR to have 190bhp+ seems a little high. Just my opinion, but like Ian says, at least you have a comparison against each others. Still a good day!

Yeh, when I spoke to Vince about my figures being a little bit better then last time, he said the reason most where coming out so high, was due to the temp being so cold, and the VR's respond so well to lots of cold air! (As do most engines, unlike my toes by the end of the day!)

Sure enough when I got home and checked my last set of readings from the rollers at Stealth it was 28 degrees where as it was only 8 degrees yesterday!

Guest couzens

Yeah man that's mine in pic 2 = Dr Pepper I think your figures are right cos mines totally standard and got exactly the same readings. Good job I didn't fart too hard otherwise that red GTI may have come crashing down :@

[ Edited Mon Feb 23 2004, 04:52PM ]

LOL, no way mate! Its been like that for about the last 3 years and never been asked! Maybe thats why as its been about for so long people have just got used to it! LOL!

It would be nice but don't think its really feature material, and besides from what I've heard you have to do a lot of ass kissing to get in the Golf or PVW of late! I'd rather just let the car speak for itself than have to do that!

Guest couzens

Dunno if that's right with all. I thought all s/c's were low end but was told the turbine ones like z-engineering actually have to wound up before kicking in at about 3500-4000 rpm. The ones on the cooper S work straight away.

Essentially my question to him is what s/c has he got?

Mina has a Vortech V2. Its a centrifugal blower unlike a roots style G-Lader or Eaton type.

Z-Eng blowers are also centrifugal.

Only difference between Z-Eng and Vortech are that Z-Eng has a belt "step-up" drive whilst a Vortech uses a gearbox to do this.

They are usually geared to start making noticable boost at about 3250rpm - that is, at 3250, you get 1psi and this rises linearly to 8psi at 7000rpms.

Jules

Yes guys i also only got 140 at the fly and only 106 at the wheels but im ok now ive stopped sulking. Got the car booked in next week to find out what the problem is but first ive gotta get my fault reader repaired as it was not working for some reason. I suppose i better start saving my pennies. :(

But aprt from that it was quality day apart from the directions i got from RAC routefinder and the weather.

Yes guys i also only got 140 at the fly and only 106 at the wheels but im ok now ive stopped sulking. Got the car booked in next week to find out what the problem is but first ive gotta get my fault reader repaired as it was not working for some reason. I suppose i better start saving my pennies. :(

But aprt from that it was quality day apart from the directions i got from RAC routefinder and the weather.

I'm sure it will get sorted easily enough, it will be some bad sensors giving duff readings or your ignition timing or something.