well,picked this up about 2 months ago from a fellow member over on edition38,

my 3rd mk3 but 1st vr6 ,have to say i wish id done it sooner!

the cars a 1997 obd2,has 100k on the clock with loads of receipts and part vw history.it also has working climate control which was a bonus!

its practically standard bar uprated shocks/springs and air filter,

ive already done a few bits,service etc,and have a few parts ready to be fitted,coilies,splitter and a few other goodies!

ill update with pics of progress etc

Dude, congrats on the purchase.

I would hasten however, to get rid of that cone filter and replace with a good bit of kit, like I have here. ;):P

1272208532_7937_FT359423_22163_464648150432_846560432_10933734_2355361_n_.jpg

Heat shield: Chocolate biscuit tin...(no longer used).

Intake: Tumble dryer hose with tights for the filter

Can't go wrong :D

bit of an update ,been rather busy with bits and bats the last week or so

had a spare tornado red tailgate so been using my dinner hours this week to get rid of the badge and wiper hole,

welded the plates in,fillered and all prepd ready for paint,just waiting to get my new wing and smooth bumper then il get paint done in one hit!

also sprayed up engine cover (rattle can job)

419.jpg

also sprayed up my vento grill and headlights and trial fitted

416.jpg

thats all for now

• 8 months later...

Well not really kept on top of updating this thread but ive made steady progress with this over the last few months

Added quite a few bits and pieces

Leather recaros and doorcards

010-6.jpg

Fitted some genuine black ABC pillars and re-trimmed the headliner liner!

003-6.jpg

Old grubby beige visors out,shiny new black mk3.5 cabrio visors in!

IMG_1863.jpg

Changed the window switches/mirror switch and headlight switches for cabrio items which light up red,in the process

Of doing the clocks and climatronic display

IMG_1861.jpg

Fitted lupo steering wheel which imo is a massive improvement! and also mk4 gear knob/gaiter

IMG_1927.jpg

Also added a few other interior bits and bobs-US centre console,fischer cd holder,genuine VW black grab handles

US diagnostics port cover,pioneer cd head unit and colour concept carpeted door pockets

Engine wise done a lot of maintanence bits and services and changed a couple of sensors which showed up through vagcom,also a full coolant flush and refill with G12

Also got hold of a spare inlet manifold and new engine cover which i sprayed matt black

IMG_1876.jpg

And fitted:

IMG_1883.jpg

Please excuse that stupid filter,it came on the car! soon to be changed

Also fitted a full magnex system off a mk3 valver ive been breaking

Exterior wise ive fitted a vr6 splitter as it came with a cl one for some reason,got a replacement wing for passenger side as its truly rotten!

Cheers dude!

Also made up some all red rears from some cl lights i had,and blanked off the rear wiper

Fitted passenger side mirror blank too

The car came on some solitudes which had been badly rattle canned black,they were letting the side down big-time!

I got hold of some schmidt th-lines in 17x9 and 17x9.5,never really took to the size/width to be honest so quickly sold them on and started looking at 16's again

Found a set of diamond cut 928's,7's front 8 rear so sorted some tyres

and adaptors and im now running these,which im happy with, for now!

Cheers for the comments,appreciate it

As for the wheels/weather,yeh its been a lot of polishing! haha

I'll get a picture of the US 'nostics cover bud yeh,They just need a little modification in order to fit

Shes looking a little sorry for herself at the moment to be honest,jacked up awaiting parts! water pump,

new aux belt and a few other bits

Also in the middle of a full rear beam overhaul,beam blasted/painted,polybushes,braided flexi's and all new hardline's etc,i'll get pics as i make more progress with it

Oh and she's back on the road too:) new water pump,aux belt and g12 coolant , happy days

Just looking into a pair of new genuine wings aswell,its the only bit letting the car down really and want it to look tidy for the up and coming year

More updates soon!