Miltek exhaust system

i just put a full milltek system AND a stainless manifold (dont know what make), and a k+n 57i onto a vr6 that had a standard system-with a blow at the cat (lol)..

car is totally transformed.. throttle response is slightly improved but the big difference is at over 4000rpm, the power surge is stronger and it pulls harder.

sound is among the best ive heard from any car. the milltek makes the engine sound someting like an old 6 cylinder 3series e30 BMW. it is certainly not a deep booming bass noise that'll wake neighbours at midnight at any rpm., it does have a lovely note though, you still know its got a stainless exhaust on it when its going!.

the k+n makes proper noise too!.. deep and throaty burble. instant noise upon throttle, i love it.

the exhaust, manifold and k+n induction has changed my vr6, given it a new lease of life.. totally different car from what it was.

i recommend you get a milltek (and a manifold too!)

I run a cat back Miltek with a BMC CDA , deffo made a difference to throttle response and maybe a little low down torque would sugest the 4-5bhp is about right , but the sound is lovely as you can creep through town without being noticed but can make it sing once your on it. highly recomend

I have a Jetex strait through system and decat. Noise is immense top end of 1st and 2nd....comparable to an Aston Martin DB9 thrape.

I've been switching to and from a stock exhaust.

The stock exhaust having middle and back box.

Sluggish but it doesn't burst ear drums.

Jetex system with decat however is great. The throttle response is quicker as is going through the revs. I noticed a veery slight increase in acceleration after going jetex from stock.

Keep toying with the idea of 6 branching her too.

So, would the main factor on changing to independant 'make' of exhaust, be the slight offering of improved torque?

I know it ain't going to be into the lambo territory but then again I don't want constant wheel spin, when I power off!!

I quite like the standard growl of my de-cat exhaust!

But I would never write off the chance of my car sounding like Aston, when I don't have Aston money!!

Talking of money, knowledge of prices of said exhausts would be appreciated (full system) and would it be acceptable to try and get a 2nd hand one?? As a guide what's a decent price for 2nd hand one??