obd1 obd2 ?

Im pretty sure that OBD1 runs with a standard distributor cap, whereas on the later models (Possibly 95 on???- OBD 2) they use an ignition pack. If you are looking at the engine on the right hand side is the pack- all the the leads run into it- its a small rectangle job (very expensive to replace too) I think there is another thread in the forum about this

CHEERS, on another forum I use a guy is having major problems with his tick over and he's been told to clean his ISV, his engine is a 95/6 VR6, having had and still have a similar problem on my late 95 VR6 I was sure he didnt have an ISV to clean

I think his problem is the same as mine and he has a duff throttle position sensor on the throttle body or a duff wire in the loom?

only '92 cars have dizzy, the rest are all coilpack regardless of which obd they are.

we've been trying to work out the exact year of changeoever from obd1-obd2 on here for a while, but i think we've concluded it was kind of fazed in (well, some obd1's may have not been regsitered immediately). as a genral rule upto and inc. M plate are obd1, N plate on is obd2.

easiest ways to tell IMO are that obd2 have oval side repeaters, and bigger brakes (they have a spring clip across the caliper, where as earlier/smaller brakes don't)...though these could of course have been added to an early car. but combined with the reg it should be conclusive.

engine wise, only obd1 has ISV, and i'll be workin on an obd2 within a week so will hopefully be able to give you a conclusive list of engine differences then (haven't got much experience of obd2 yet)

The throttle body side of the inlet manifold is the only difference between OBD1/2 inlet manifolds. Due to different throttle bodies. Found this out when I got an inlet manifold polished and it turned out to be OBD1 so wouldnt fit mine. :-(