Chugging SC VR6 - not running on all cylinders

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coil pack does'nt always neccesary show arckin when farcked, neither cracks, Some of them can just go...!

Check your HT leads as well, as the kinks, heat, can cause missfire too, as seen on a few of the members cars on here...Not mentioning no names..LoL!! (Wedgy, cough cough Widgy, ooops Squidgy!)

Oh Yeah... SLCharged-Remember Blue Coconut! LoL!

this happend to my missus 97 vr6, running fine one minute then firing on 3/4 cylinders and that was the coil pack had a hair line crack running across it hardly even noticeable really, changed it for a ford galaxy vr6 coilpack and all sweet after that.i also agree with what ,MJ vr6, said in his post that they can just call last orders and die with no visual signs!! get a second hand ford galaxy vr6 one to try as for some reason there a lot cheaper (but identical parts ,even has the vag stamp on it) than a second hand golf vr6 one,

aha! does this explain whilst sometimes, (and can, but not always) drive rough in the wet, and can feel like its running on 4 when it is howling down on a motorway run??!! Also had 3 sets of HT leads, all different makes, and all pop off certain spark plugs.... has this thread solved all my running rough sometimes problems!! Where's that torch and spray mist bottle!!!

the body kit is the giverway and the non colour coded door rubs, think as a rule obd1 cars has these and the newer ,n reg on i think ( obd2 cars ) deleted the body kit and had colour coded door rubs plus other parts ie,coil pack, better throttle body....but your car from what i know probably has a dizzy cap so i would check that out as that will cause missfires also if its old and all the contacts have worn away,check it out!!

the body kit is the giverway and the non colour coded door rubs' date=' think as a rule obd1 cars has these and the newer ,n reg on i think ( obd2 cars ) deleted the body kit and had colour coded door rubs plus other parts ie,coil pack, better throttle body....but your car from what i know probably has a dizzy cap so i would check that out as that will cause missfires also if its old and all the contacts have worn away,check it out!!

[/quote']

no there are obd1 cars with full colour coding and dizzy models are early 92/93 not "the ones with arches" as everyone thinks.