Chugging SC VR6 - not running on all cylinders

Cruising along at just over 30mph & as I came to a junction the car starts to chug. Feels under powered, sounds like a timing issue. It's not running on all cylinders, other than plugs or leads, what could cause this? I've had a look under the bonnet & I cant see anything obvious (tho it is dark outside)

My mate might be able to pop over with his VAG COM, but that might not be till the weekend.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went like it half hour ago and it's pitch black outside. I have literally been round the engine bay with a torch making sure nothing has come loose or I have no leaks anywhere. I cant do anything till tomorrow night now.

Normally if it ever ran rough, the hose had started to come off the intake of the charger,so I'd just put it back on & it would be back to normal, but the hose is looked fine.

Maybe the MAF could be a bit coked up, I didn't really give it the usual clear out on the way home??

Yup deffo maplins....got some to do mine. Wasnt havin a pop at anyone directly there! sorry if it came across like that. But when you switch iff your car the maf heats a wire to over 1000 deg'c, which is thinner than a human hair, to burn off all the s**t! Carb cleaner could screw it completley

The next department to me at work builds PCB circuit boards etc. I’ve had a word with them & said what I had been advised to use by you guys. They said they use something called Fluxclene, which will do the same job & leave no residue, which they can give me a can of.