Trip down memory lane

Evening all. Was sorting out some of my old crap earlier and found some pics of my old corrado that i had when i was 18 and it got me reminiscing. Started to think back about how i first got into dubs and how i fell in love with my vr. Just wondering how everyone else got into them. Got any interesting stories.

I owned a 1.8GL mk3 golf. When I first saw it I knew I wanted it.

Bought it and dropped it on some lowering springs and it was ace.

I thought about getting a quicker Golf but staying with the MK3. I looked for the GTI's that I saw, 8v's.

I noticed then that there were 16vers and set about looking at the specs. I fell in love with the idea of a 16v, saved the money and went hunting on ebay.

Then a VR6 popped up. Read about them having a VR6 engine and listened on youtube to one. YES PLEASE.

Got mine as a non runner, rebuilt it, had so many problems with it but wouldn't change her for the world.

had a mk1 golf to star with wish id kept that ....

then on to a mk2, yes i has a mk2

then had a new corse ....

then got my cabby 2.0 8v lasted about a year then popped a vr in it, which lasted another year then popped a charger on it, then got my current 3dr and the rest is as they say history ....

Always loved dubs. Had a mk2 Polo as my first car. Had 2 options with this. I either kept it and grew longish hair, swept it over my eyes, wore a hoody and my girlfriends jeans, brightly coloured hi-top trainers, and painted the wheels fluorescent pink and became SCENE or i sold it and saved for a real man's (and women's of course) car!

Think you can work out which route i took!

The first car i bought was a 1971 Beetle when i was 17... I got into the aircooled side of VW's. I have owned around 7 buses and over 5 bugs since, and I still have a Split Screen Bus and a Beetle now....

some years ago now...... I bought myself a mk2 golf for a winter, while my bus was off the road...and fell in love with that, i think it was the heater, that i fell in love with. Old Aircooled cars don't really have heaters....since my first golf i have had a few more mk2's, a corrado, couple of polo's and a passat...

about 2 years ago... I bought a 911... something i always always wanted... after about 6 months someone came and offered me cash for it.... an offer i couldn't turn down.. so off it went, leaving a big hole...

took me awhile to decide what i wanted... I ended up with a VR6 highline... which was great... fell in love totally....

Sold that end of last year, and currently running around in a Mk5 GTi..... but i have a feeling that will be changing soon :-d

Always loved dubs. Had a mk2 Polo as my first car. Had 2 options with this. I either kept it and grew longish hair' date=' swept it over my eyes, wore a hoody and my girlfriends jeans, brightly coloured hi-top trainers, and painted the wheels fluorescent pink and became SCENE or i sold it and saved for a real man's (and women's of course) car!

[/quote']

yeah u kept the polo lol

i was expecting a bigger list then that from u abi .... lol

when u up pod next hun ????

That is the short list and only vw too . . . . .

Thought i would try and get up to the pod for the saturday night special in Feb. .Hoping a few vwdrc boys will be going too. . . . . But i'm only able to do the saturday as i'm going to vw on the sunday as part of the pistonhead sunday service

Always loved dubs. Had a mk2 Polo as my first car. Had 2 options with this. I either kept it and grew longish hair' date=' swept it over my eyes, wore a hoody and my girlfriends jeans, brightly coloured hi-top trainers, and painted the wheels fluorescent pink and became SCENE or i sold it and saved for a real man's (and women's of course) car!

[/quote']

yeah u kept the polo lol

Nah just kept the silly hair!

longish hair' date=' swept it over my eyes, wore a hoody and my girlfriends jeans, brightly coloured hi-top trainers, and painted the wheels fluorescent pink and became SCENE

[/quote']

lol did I see some of these characters last year at Billing or was it you in disguise ;-)

it all started for me at a cruise in a multi in my saxo. when i saw a highline vr6 slammed on 16s then when i heared him take off, wow the sound was lush bouncing around in the car park and thought damm i have to get one off those. fast forward 2 weeks and i had bought a 8v black gti as i couldnt get the insurance on a vr went through loads of mk3 gti's and a few mk2 gti's then a valver mk2 then sort of driffted away from dubs with a rs turbo, a rotrex charged saxo vts. then got a job with a very wealthy man who had something to do with luxry yauchts he lent me his tvr 350c for a couple of months then sold the saxo and bought a astra 888 sport hatch the 200 bhp 330ft/lb tourqe diesel then a r33 skyline gtst then wrote that off had no job or nothing for a yr.when a m8 must have felt sorry for me and said he would give me his vr as he had a new type-r and i gave him a 205 1.9 gti a yr earlier when he needed a car and bang here i am now with the car that got me hooked all them yrs ago......

sorry for going on a bit there...lol theres still loads of cars i forgot but will never own another car unless its a r32 :)

i first started with a polo cl oupe then got a polo g40 and now i want something a bit bigger i am going for the vr6 and am only 18 ah well you now what they say 1nce a duber alwaiis a dubber and it is a lifestyle and the thing that got me wanting a vr is that awesum sound and luks and the amazing rev range..