VR6 vs roundabout vs Cooper S = NOT GOOD !!!

Why not get a VR6 get togther grease monkey's tools BBQ & beer some one got garage space and flat bed her to the workshop i'm sure we can have her working by days end ???? ... There must be other here willing to donate parts for the cause ???

I know i would be up for helping out mate if there is any way it is fixable... id gladly donate a day of my time to helping you out... ive got a drivers side head light that would do the job too, got a lil bit snapped off the inside but it works fine, well its still on my car at the mo, need to swap it for my new one, but you can have that for free.... if you've got the time and a tad of money then do some hunting and see what it is you need... im sure there's others out there willing to help, always good to have an excuse to get the gang together... :) :)

Why not get a VR6 get togther grease monkey's tools BBQ & beer some one got garage space and flat bed her to the workshop i'm sure we can have her working by days end ???? ... There must be other here willing to donate parts for the cause ???

I know i would be up for helping out mate if there is any way it is fixable... id gladly donate a day of my time to helping you out... ive got a drivers side head light that would do the job too' date=' got a lil bit snapped off the inside but it works fine, well its still on my car at the mo, need to swap it for my new one, but you can have that for free.... if you've got the time and a tad of money then do some hunting and see what it is you need... im sure there's others out there willing to help, always good to have an excuse to get the gang together... :) :)

[/quote']

Thanks Nat, much appreciated. I m lookin to get some kind of estimate this weekend, though its a free one so not sure if they ll itemise it . I'll keep the gang posted :) btw are there any members in the general north / northwest london area that could pop by n have a glance at it this week / weekend ? ( naturally I'm happy to pay for their time :) I'm in stanmore ( 10 mins from wembley, 15 mins from watford.....

Well if you know what structural damage has been done when you get the chap to look it over then maybe go from there ?

if i don't sell the bonnet and bumper like i said i'd gladly donate them to the cause ... If there's beer involved !

Why not start up a list of the things needed to get it running then check off any donations to the cause ??

Just an idea...

Hey, i dunno if you have any plans to fix her up but i have a mate with a bonnet and debadged grille for sale nice n cheap as they need the space, they are red though, thats the only thing, but might get u out of a fix.... let me know.

might have some front end bits that will do ya.............radiater,h/light..wings,possibly, make a list of what you will need i;m sure between us we can make this right.. soo sorry to see your car like this mate , been there done that know how your feelin..

Heartfelt thanks to everyone, you really look after your own ! Sadly she is done for as the chassis is badly bent on the drivers side :( . My only option is to strip n sell to fund a transplant into a mk3 gti shell ( I really want to stay in the 'family' eben if its in a different body ). Keeping my eyes open for a clean donor car with knackered engine / headgasket. My black leather interior will be listed for sale soon along with other bits of trim to help the funding. I just cant let that lump n gearbox go to waste... Here's to hoping....

oh my sorry to hear chap only just found this....

nice to see so many willing to help... sad to hear th chassis is nackered though... fingers crossed for you mate... i have just thrown away some head lights aswell. as the adjusters are nackered but would have done fine for a temp.... hope you get sorted soon...