Beat a Clio 172?

I have a Highline vr6 which has been remapped, induction kit (if i wish to fit it), wietec suspension and (will have) track tyres. Also by early next year it should have a set of 263 cams.

Next year i plan to do a track day with the car, my problem is that i have a friend with a clio 172 who is constatnly telling me that it will waste my VR on the track!

After reading what my car has had done, how much of a problem do you think i will have??

You should be able to do him. I remember on my previous vr6 which had rock solid coilovers, decat, 6 branch and filter and i was bumpering a clio 172 around a massive roundabout to the point where the clio lost control and just held on and i was fine. On the straight i was going to overtake but the road wasn't long enough. So you should be able to take your mate if you got good suspension and tyres. You know you got more power, it's just about getting your handling spot on.

Not going to go to that level yet as i am 'supporting' two other cars and a bike' date=' but thats very usefull to know about the diff, thanks. What ratio is the VR6 diff and does the G60 one fit in the VR casing??

[/quote']

VR6 - 3.39:1

G60 - 3.68:1

Yeah it's just the crown wheel you need and fits easily. They're all the same size on the 02A gearboxes, just have fewer or more teeth :-)

Obviiously it's a gearbox out and strip down job, so perhaps schedule that in when the clutch and synchros etc need doing.

Economy takes a small hit, but the whole car just feels lighter, more energetic and keener to accelerate, so it's worth it imo!

Not going to go to that level yet as i am 'supporting' two other cars and a bike' date=' but thats very usefull to know about the diff, thanks. What ratio is the VR6 diff and does the G60 one fit in the VR casing??

[/quote']

VR6 - 3.39:1

G60 - 3.68:1

Yeah it's just the crown wheel you need and fits easily. They're all the same size on the 02A gearboxes, just have fewer or more teeth :-)

Obviiously it's a gearbox out and strip down job, so perhaps schedule that in when the clutch and synchros etc need doing.

Economy takes a small hit, but the whole car just feels lighter, more energetic and keener to accelerate, so it's worth it imo!

What difference does it make to the revs in top? at 100mph the standard box is giving about 4000 rmp, whats is it with the g60 diff installed?