And to put the cat amngst the pigeons a bit, this is an excerpt from a post by Vince at Stealth regarding rolling roads...

"I?ve had 3 yrs + dyno experience on VAG cars and this is what I have found...

Totally standard VR6 OBD 1 VAG say 173bhp: Stealth measure under 180bhp (but high 170?s)

Totally standard VR6 OBD 2: Stealth measure 185bhp-192 bhp. VW quoted BHP same as OBD1 but you only have to drive one to realise straight away the OBD2 is quicker.

Corrado VR6: VAG say 193bhp, Stealth measure 190bhp-195bhp

There is always the exception to the rule, I?ve seen some standard cars produce way over standard spec BHP, maybe a Monday morning engine? I know I used to have a Friday afternoon 16V Golf, poo power horrible to drive no matter what I did to it tuning wise...

Regards

Vince

www.stealthracing.co.uk "

Im just off to get my flame proof suit ;)

And to put the cat amngst the pigeons a bit' date=' this is an excerpt from a post by Vince at Stealth regarding rolling roads...

"I?ve had 3 yrs + dyno experience on VAG cars and this is what I have found...

Totally standard VR6 OBD 1 VAG say 173bhp: Stealth measure under 180bhp (but high 170?s)

Totally standard VR6 OBD 2: Stealth measure 185bhp-192 bhp. [b']VW quoted BHP same as OBD1 but you only have to drive one to realise straight away the OBD2 is quicker.

Corrado VR6: VAG say 193bhp, Stealth measure 190bhp-195bhp

There is always the exception to the rule, I?ve seen some standard cars produce way over standard spec BHP, maybe a Monday morning engine? I know I used to have a Friday afternoon 16V Golf, poo power horrible to drive no matter what I did to it tuning wise...

Regards

Vince

www.stealthracing.co.uk "

Im just off to get my flame proof suit ;)

no need to dig out the fireproof's...i'm in a good mood today ;) lol. to be fair thats what you would expect, but going on the vr6oc RR day results you'd have to disagree.

plus, i had a go in my mates highline the other day, totally standard, and it was noticeably slower than mine (no mods except VT mounts and drilled airbox!. now, without putting them both on an RR is hard to say whether its that mine is very healthy or if the highline is one of the less powerful ones...prob a bit of both i suspect.

if mine holds together long enough i'll try and get on the next RR day...but i doubt it will as have confirmed to me that the diff's about to pop! eek! (got a spare box in my garage but need a nother selector rod for it)

sorry, but most of its down to serendipity, there are so many factors that lead to this ON TOP of the car being ODB II etc, like temperature and the chaos factor (which is what i meant by serendipity)

its wednesday morning...and i feel crap, so any weekday is no good for engine manufactur...bring on friday.

lol

but looking at this sites RR day results you'd have to say there is no rule.

I dont know if I play devils advocate for a minute...

if you ignore the supercharged cars... of the 6 obd1 cars, 2 are in the top half and 4 in the bottom half... in other words 8 of the top 10 are obd2... tbh our rr results arent a fair comparison though because theres a lot more obd2 cars than obd1

i don't think we'll ever truely get to the bottom of this as there is too many variable factors.

at the end of the day its only a few bhp either way.

i certainly wouldn't say to anyone 'don't get an obd1, get an obd2 they're more powerful'...but i might say 'don't get an obd1 as obd2's have better brakes' - thats the only big advantage i see.

a good vr6 is a good vr6 at the end of the day, who cares what year it is.

everyone agree thats a fair round up?

i don't think we'll ever truely get to the bottom of this as there is too many variable factors.

at the end of the day its only a few bhp either way.

i certainly wouldn't say to anyone 'don't get an obd1' date=' get an obd2 they're more powerful'...but i might say 'don't get an obd1 as obd2's have better brakes' - thats the only big advantage i see.

a good vr6 is a good vr6 at the end of the day, who cares what year it is.

everyone agree thats a fair round up?[/quote']

LOL, nah thats crap, get an OBD2 cos there faster, stop quicker, better spec'd and timing chains seem to last longer! LOL! ;)

Now where's my flame suit!