Re-fitting HT leads

Ive noticed since i had my magnecor KV85 leads fitted, i noticed the idling is a little lumpy. Im sure one or two of the leads arent making good contact with the plugs. The car tends to idle between 800-900rpm. (I swear it used to idle at 900rpm sharp). Ive noticed a constant clicking coming from the chambers. and in the dark when i look down , i can see some thin blue current flying around. I know there is a specific tool to do the job, but is there any way i can get those leads fitted 100%. Any help appreciated.

[ Edited ]

are they black ones?

i replaced mine with the black ones that have rubber connectors above the socket part of the lead, tried to fit them properly and ended up damaging one. bought a replacement for that and it was a red one (genuine)comes with a longer metal shaft so you can secure them in tightly with a screw driver.

there is a tool for pushing the leads on properly... the car should come with a plastic one (clipped to the bonnet stay) but its worse than useless. Snap on sell a metal one that isnt cheap but is brilliant... not sure how well either of them will work with aftermarket leads though but should be better than a screwdriver!

well, the idling has definitley improved.....but its not perfect.

What rpm do vr6's normally idle at???

Mine at the moment is hovering between 800-900rpm. Shouldnt it be exactly 900rpm??

I think it might be the idle control valve or throttle body that might need a clean out. Any suggestions on doing this

im no expert, but do these vehicle comes with idle control valves???

mines a 1996 vr. obd2. i have no complaints driving. the bloody thing shifts, but its only during idling lumpy when the engine is warm or at its normal operating temperature. Ive noticed