jims turbo vr on a budget

Did you but that e/m or make it? What the turbo ar etc? Did you get a new downpipe made up? What intercoler you using? Can you put up a pick if you have one with all the bits needed, did you change your sump to one with a oil pickup? Etc ,cracking job mate. Did you fit a lsd or are you just fighting for grip?

turbo from ebay.. .84 coldside . 96 hotside.. it s a divided housing t4. welded a return in to the sump, downpipe, manifold and intercooler came from a guy off here , advertised via ebay.. its been on a year and a half now, there is another thread with the inital build but i cant find it

havent got a lsd.. but tbh im not to far time wise off people who run lsd's and 888's.. car drives very well, as the turbo dont make full boost until 3500 rpms

full spec at the mo is

c2 motorsport ecu, delphi 440 injectors, 4" maf and filter, schimmel 263 cams, spacer plate, arp head bolts , stainless spa design manifold, and 36mm wastegate. all at 1bar of boost.

Nice setup, to be honest I am only looking at around 250bhp to 300 might try and do it so I dont need an intercooler. I have a audi quattro that I am building and that will be powerful and with 4wd so I dont need 2 really powerful cars. I just think that I need more low down torque.

see, driving about in my vr im really really happy with it, the noise, even the power from my pretty much standard engine.......................

.............then i see this and my mind starts going and i start browsing ebay.....

.....then my mrs goes nuts as we have a wedding to pay for!

its all ur fault! damn u!

nice car btw ;)

this is why i love this engine, standard lump except spacer plate and arp head bolts and it puts up with 400bhp?!! im still a ford boy at heart but my zetec turbo melted its standard pistons at 180 bhp! dont think i'll be modding any more fords lol

• 4 weeks later...