I'm keeping the unspeakable torch.

Well, I've just had a 70mph encounter with a 3ft long by almost 2 foot high badger.

The badger has won. Died instantly.

Saw it run out into the road, brakes, smoke, too fast and too narrow road to swerve around.... constant bearing. About 0.5 seconds from me seeing it to impact.

Both front headlamps are gone....impact tossed them into a hedge or wherever....it's too dark to find um. slam panel and bumper and reg plate are bent inward severely.

Fog casings are shattered but the fog lights bulbs are still intact illuminating the inner tyres...bonus.

Radiator is leaking badly.... 3rd one in 5 months.

Front bumper N/S vent is shattered, lenses are destroyed. Plastic tyre well and under trays are gone.

The engine is now randomly idleing too.....so not only is it cosmetic (not counting the rad), but now an engine componant is messed up.

Copmlete arse ache. Previous trouble with the VR, last weeks even better bad news and now I have no car for a while..... This my friends, is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics of the damage will be posted tomorrow AM.

:@ ... ;(

P.S, yus, atleast me and sarah are okay.

thats rubbish mate. there tonky bastards badgers lol. my mate hit one in a smart roster thingy. spun out at 110 and fully wrote his car off. Rabbits piss me off, the amount ive saved from swerving and nearly killing myself is silly, most arn't that lucky :( whats funny is natural selection takes place and soon only the cleaver ones are left and there not as much as a problem lol

and now since fox hunting has stopped theres loads of them about . hit one the other day which was bad.

one animal i HATE to see hit buy a car is cats. mine got merked buy a car not long ago and i proper loved him, really sound cat, couldn't bare to hit one myself :-(

anyway doesn't sound to bad. bolt on parts maybe a vacume leak on the inlet side? it could be worse dude. when anything shit happends to me. which is pritty much all the time i think about the really unlucky people. theres loads a lot worse off. just kind of puts things into context

I rekon when I have an increase in money coming in from work and I can actually aford to replace bits......then I'll end up having no problems... lol.

On the + side, it would appear the idle issue was from the car being stationary while having the fogs and full beams on. The car had the bulbs still attatched and on while the casings carried on going forward.

The damage doesnt look bad from the utside.

Missing grill.. smashed into pieces

Smashed up N/S fog...the O/S was just dangling intact after the impact, it would seem.

The 3 bolts securing the bumper from the middle to the N/S bent but have replaced.

Radiator has a steady leak, cant afford a new one.

Slam panel is bent but not screwed up too bad.

Found 1 headlamp..... 2 of its plastic securing points were still attached to the car....the glass isnt glazed or smashed though.....very odd.

Other headlamp has magicly disappeared.

P080909_1836.jpg

P080909_1837.jpg

P080909_1837_01.jpg

P080909_1838_01.jpg

P080909_1839.jpg

P080909_1535.jpg

Thats chris's O/S light and the N/S that I recovered..... I straitened some of it up before this pic.