What grinds my gears!!

Taking the phrase from Family Guy thought it would be fun to have a thread on things that really annoy us so that we can get them off our chests.

I'll start with a couple

Giving money into the hand of a cashier only for them to put the change on the counter ignoring my outstretched hand.

People who sit in the outside lane at lights knowing that they are going to turn right then decide to indicate when the lights change leaving me stuck behind them with nobody letting me into the inside lane.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing that angers me when driving is people sitting up my arse when im in traffic... i have a VR if i could drive quicker i bloody would, and i dont like someone else taking my safety into their hands, if they wanna risk a crash thats fine, but i dont wanna be taken down with them.... lol

Nat that reminds me of something else!

People getting frustrated at me taking my time going over speed humps & tailgating me. If i hated my car then I would drive over them at 30mph

Lost count of the amount of times I have someone up my arse or get overtaken. I just bide my time get to the end of the humps then show them what it's all about!

People who sit in the middle lane on the motorway for no apparent reason and dont move over when you're behind them.

People that do EVENTUALLY move over, let you past and then pull back out into the middle lane, again for no apparent reason.

People who pull out in front of you on the motorway to overtake the car in front of them, only to carry out the manoeuvre at 1mph faster then the car they are overtaking!

People who sit in the middle lane on the motorway for no apparent reason and dont move over when you're behind them.

People that do EVENTUALLY move over' date=' let you past and then pull back out into the middle lane, again for no apparent reason.

People who pull out in front of you on the motorway to overtake the car in front of them, only to carry out the manoeuvre at 1mph faster then the car they are overtaking!

[/quote']

Have you noticed that its mainly women that do this, I have and I think its coz they feel safer in middle lane. So I just play with em by keep overtaking em pulling into slow lane slowing down and overtaking again......most ive done is 7 laps of them before they get the message!!!!

People that do EVENTUALLY move over' date=' let you past and then pull back out into the middle lane, again for no apparent reason.

[/quote']

Have you noticed that its mainly women that do this, I have and I think its coz they feel safer in middle lane. So I just play with em by keep overtaking em pulling into slow lane slowing down and overtaking again......most ive done is 7 laps of them before they get the message!!!!

I hadn't noticed it was only women ^o) but I like that technique!

I just play with em by keep overtaking em pulling into slow lane slowing down and overtaking again......most ive done is 7 laps of them before they get the message!!!!

LMAO that is brilliant, i MUST do that sometime!!! :)

For the record im not one of those women, im normally found in the fast lane overtaking them!!!

People who think their indicator gives them a right of way and not an indication of what they would like to do.

People who slow down to join a motorway instead of speeding up to match motorway speed.

The congestion you get around highway patrol vehicles where people think they are Policeand slow down only to then speed up when they read the sign on the back of the patrol car.

The amount of people that swear in public when i've got my youngsters with me.

Guest The Butcher of Billing

London traffic!!!!

Buses that use an indicator to travel 3 lanes of road.

People using their mobiles with one hand and steering with their elbows while changing gears!!!

People who think their indicator gives them a right of way and not an indication of what they would like to do.

People who slow down to join a motorway instead of speeding up to match motorway speed.

The congestion you get around highway patrol vehicles where people think they are Policeand slow down only to then speed up when they read the sign on the back of the patrol car.

The amount of people that swear in public when i've got my youngsters with me.

Agree big time with this one. It should be written in bold in the highway code!!

London traffic!!!!

Buses that use an indicator to travel 3 lanes of road.

People using their mobiles with one hand and steering with their elbows while changing gears!!!

I hear you on London traffic especially in a VR!

Think London bus drivers have also got worse over the years.

Have a hate of most cabies (apologies if your a nice one). Gets me going when they stop in the middle of a side road a few feet from a space where they could pull in. If you do the same to them you get told that your stopping them from making a living. What makes their time more important than mine?

[/quote']

Yer i had noticed this just didnt want to start the whole male/female driver argument! Also old people again, very probably for the same reason; the feeling of safety.

One time that really springs to mind was some stupid cow driving a TT. Not only did she take a year to notice i was behind her but when she did move over she moved.... into the fast lane!!!?!!!

God so many things wind me up when driving but mainly

Not using your indicators - every car has them even BMW's ( so I have been told !! ) and yet the number of peeps who go round roundabouts, turn at lights etc without them on is mind blowing.

Lorrys overtaking lorrys on dual carriageways should be banned - they are only going one mile an hour faster and it always on a hill !!!! takes 20 mins to get past and holds up huge numbers of cars - am getting angry just thinking about it !!!!

As been said lane hogers on the motorway be it middle or outside lanes !!

Lorrys overtaking lorrys on dual carriageways should be banned - they are only going one mile an hour faster and it always on a hill !!!! takes 20 mins to get past and holds up huge numbers of cars - am getting angry just thinking about it !!!!

haha very annoying isnt it. I don't understand why they do it..how quicker would they get to their destination by travelling 0.001 mph faster then the other lorry.

People not indicating is very annoying. As mentioned already people using middle lanes and travelling at 60-65mph..wtf? And don't move over when your behind them.

People who turn right at the roundabout when they are in the left lane (mainly lorries).

Drivers who don't acknowledge you when you give way to them..

God so many things wind me up when driving but mainly

Not using your indicators - every car has them even BMW's ( so I have been told !! ) and yet the number of peeps who go round roundabouts' date=' turn at lights etc without them on is mind blowing.

[b']Lorrys overtaking lorrys on dual carriageways should be banned - they are only going one mile an hour faster and it always on a hill !!!! takes 20 mins to get past and holds up huge numbers of cars - am getting angry just thinking about it !!!!

As been said lane hogers on the motorway be it middle or outside lanes !!

lol Slow over taking lorries must be one of the most frustrating things when driving.

Some more none driving ones from me

People at supermarkets etc who spend ages queing only to get to the checkout then not know where their wallet or purse is & thus delay everyone even more. Then the next person in the que does the same thing!

People who take ages at cashpoints, It's not the electronic version of who wants to be a millionaire surely you must have an idea of what you wanted to do at the cash point before going there rather than spend 10 minutes deciding whether to 'phone a friend' or go '50:50' then realise it can only give you cash & take a tenner out!

ok so here we go this is a long list.. I do not suggest I am perfect and I was young and a fool once..

Motor way discipline. Full stop...!

You have mirrors use them.

The lane to the right of you is for overtaking.... Do it then get the F**k outta the way to as far left as you can...

Why would you sit behind a car/lorry in the middle lane with space to go past then once the car/lorry pulls in and I am overtaking you do you need to do 100mph and brake hard as you catch the next car up then repeat.... Whats wrong with you...

Just because you take your foot off the accelerator doesnt mean you need to apply the brakes. If you keep doing it two things happen you will get sea sick with the swaying motion and the person behind you doesnt believe you anymore when you brake.

Braking distance is there for me to make sure I get to see my loved ones every night and not for you to manouver then indicate and force me to brake as you throw yourself into that space. It makes the D**K head who is sat on my butt try and get into my car through the boot.

Brake and stare at the accident on the otherside of the road whilst wandering around in the lane - at best. Keep it up... It'll be you soon thanking the nice man for cutting your roof off...!!

Use Mobile phones whilst driving... Tucking it under your chin/resting your arm on the side of your head etc.. doesn't make you keep a constant speed, stay in lane and be aware of what is happening around you. Also you will miss the accident in your rear view mirror - yes that you just caused!

Normal Roads...

Stay off the Crosshatching. It means I can't go anywhere once the lights have changed...

On a similar thread. Let people out of junctions and/or dont stop in traffic blocking the side roads, then look straight ahead pretending you cant see me flicking you off!

Junctions and roundabouts... Right lane to turn Right.... Left lane to turn Left. Write in on your hands if it confuses you!

Mirror - Indicate - Manouver! It's simple... How do you feed yourself or dress in the morning????

Car Parks

why can you not reverse park? You seem manage to get your butt into those jeans!!!! Go and practice!

Why scrape my car and then run away..... It's always the people who would kick off if it happened to them.

Park in my bay at 45 degrees so i cant actually get into my car (or leave the bay) or you have had to hit mine in order to get outof your seat. You have 6 foot on the other side.. Spacial awareness is not science fiction and what makes a transportor work on Star Trek!

People...

You see me walking! I know you do because you look at me. Why do you need to aim for me with your kids/bags etc... My course doesnt change so why change yours and aim for me?

Help the woman with the pushchair and kids up the stairs..!

Hold the door open for the person/lady approaching/behind you!

Say thank you if some one does something for you! Maybe even smile!

Have respect for others and the associated public services like the Police... Bring back hanging... :o espcially to those who do dameage to me and mine..!

I am lucky I found this thread sober otherwise it would be a lot worse

I will be a grumpy old Man!!!

Guest The Butcher of Billing

ok so here we go this is a long list.. I do not suggest I am perfect and I was young and a fool once..

Motor way discipline. Full stop...!

You have mirrors use them.

The lane to the right of you is for overtaking.... Do it then get the F**k outta the way to as far left as you can...

Why would you sit behind a car/lorry in the middle lane with space to go past then once the car/lorry pulls in and I am overtaking you do you need to do 100mph and brake hard as you catch the next car up then repeat.... Whats wrong with you...

Just because you take your foot off the accelerator doesnt mean you need to apply the brakes. If you keep doing it two things happen you will get sea sick with the swaying motion and the person behind you doesnt believe you anymore when you brake.

Braking distance is there for me to make sure I get to see my loved ones every night and not for you to manouver then indicate and force me to brake as you throw yourself into that space. It makes the D**K head who is sat on my butt try and get into my car through the boot.

Brake and stare at the accident on the otherside of the road whilst wandering around in the lane - at best. Keep it up... It'll be you soon thanking the nice man for cutting your roof off...!!

Use Mobile phones whilst driving... Tucking it under your chin/resting your arm on the side of your head etc.. doesn't make you keep a constant speed' date=' stay in lane and be aware of what is happening around you. Also you will miss the accident in your rear view mirror - yes that you just caused!

Normal Roads...

Stay off the Crosshatching. It means I can't go anywhere once the lights have changed...

On a similar thread. Let people out of junctions and/or dont stop in traffic blocking the side roads, then look straight ahead pretending you cant see me flicking you off!

Junctions and roundabouts... Right lane to turn Right.... Left lane to turn Left. Write in on your hands if it confuses you!

Mirror - Indicate - Manouver! It's simple... How do you feed yourself or dress in the morning????

Car Parks

why can you not reverse park? You seem manage to get your butt into those jeans!!!! Go and practice!

Why scrape my car and then run away..... It's always the people who would kick off if it happened to them.

Park in my bay at 45 degrees so i cant actually get into my car (or leave the bay) or you have had to hit mine in order to get outof your seat. You have 6 foot on the other side.. Spacial awareness is not science fiction and what makes a transportor work on Star Trek!

People...

You see me walking! I know you do because you look at me. Why do you need to aim for me with your kids/bags etc... My course doesnt change so why change yours and aim for me?

Help the woman with the pushchair and kids up the stairs..!

Hold the door open for the person/lady approaching/behind you!

Say thank you if some one does something for you! Maybe even smile!

Have respect for others and the associated public services like the Police... Bring back hanging... :o espcially to those who do dameage to me and mine..!

I am lucky I found this thread sober otherwise it would be a lot worse

I will be a grumpy old Man!!!

[/quote']

bit of as victor meldrew syndrome?