intake manifold question

use the obd1 2.8 tb on the 2.9 mani. they are direct fit to each other and the engine. i run 2.9 mani and tb on my 2.8, although not a huge power gain it is a slight improvement. the changes are only miniscule and probably not worth it in the long run unless your going to charge the car at some point, then the slightly larger increase may be of benefit, some people claim 10bhp from a 'rado inlet swap, i'd say probably more like 3 or 4bhp at best

We don't have EGR in the UK :-)

US and some European OBD2 heads got EGR' date=' which is just a small port on the front which can be plugged

OBD2 = Small throttle + Small intake plenum.

OBD1 2.8 = Big throttle + Small intake plenum

OBD1 2.9 = Big throttle + Bigger intake plenum + higher rev limit.

OBD2 usually always makes the same power as 2.9 with the smaller intake and throttle :-) The smaller throttle and intake keep the gas speed high at low throttle openings, which improves the torque.

[/quote']

obd 1 is 64mm

obd 2 is 72mm

so idon´t now where you britsh get you tb from,but every els thes are the numbers that is correct,

Regards

RIX

• 3 weeks later...

Well im gutted as my previous OBD1 engine boasting 210k was a fair bit quicker than my current OBD2........... Now the OBD2 has heated leather, aire con bigger wheels and a body kit so Is this just slower due to weight??? Thats my prob .......... soon to be turbo'd as I found out I can run upto 300 on standard gear so laughing lol.

we have just polished out, put the throtthle body, put it on the lower part of the intake. everything matched. it was about 30 minutes. and its working perfectly, and its very, very good. :) i the lower rpms (1500-2000) i fell more dynamics, it is much better.

so i think obd1 2,9 intake hase the same parameters as the 2,8 but has better air flow because of its set-up. i can measure the differences between obd1 2,8 and obd 2 2,8 intake manifolds but at weekend. as the matter of fact they throttle bodies are different, but i can't that what are differences in they parameters.