intake manifold question

yes i know that a corrado intake will be the best but in our country have very few corrado 2.9 and if anybody has one of it, he won't sell parts from it. so we have to cut. i thought about the short runner but i must try first this. than if it won't be good enough for me, then will come a short runner. :)

you will be making a complete waste of time trying to fit an obd1 throttle body onto an ob2 manfold, you will make no gains at all, to save yourself hassle just buy a corrado inlet manifold from ebay.co.uk or any number of vw forums and port polish your original lower manifold, obviously it will cost money but it will be a lot less than realising you have just ruined 2 perfectly good manifolds for nothing then having to go buy another just to get your car on the road again, or if you want to start cutting things up id go with the short runner, it is a complete waste of time trying to do what your talking about,

OBD1 2.8 and 2.9 throttles are exactly the same size.

OBD2 throttle is slightly smaller diameter and different bolt pattern.

If you want good torque, stick with OBD2

If you want a small top end improvemtn and flat bottom end, go for the 2.9 manifold.

We don't have EGR in the UK :-)

US and some European OBD2 heads got EGR, which is just a small port on the front which can be plugged

OBD2 = Small throttle + Small intake plenum.

OBD1 2.8 = Big throttle + Small intake plenum

OBD1 2.9 = Big throttle + Bigger intake plenum + higher rev limit.

OBD2 usually always makes the same power as 2.9 with the smaller intake and throttle :-) The smaller throttle and intake keep the gas speed high at low throttle openings, which improves the torque.