vrt 440 bhp back on the road. 2 g/boxes and 1 brand ne gt3076r later

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah mate i wasn't expecting this.. id love to help out but i have nothing that would be of any use i don't think.

pretty sure rods come in sets all balanced machined to match each other.. might be why you can't find a single one.. could be wrong though.

so do we no whats happened? to much boost and leaned out, timing out or slipped, spark plugs failed and fell into the engine... im confused.

turn your boost down you nutcase lol

• 3 weeks later...

right first off no laughing......... as if check what happened to my new woosner pistons and h beam rods' date=' and the poor old sump. the head bought it too. ok... go on laugh then.. cos i pmsl ,once i calmed down after it happened . a nice hole in the back of block aswell.

1264001479_8893_FT292242_piston_.jpg

1264001479_8893_FT292242_piston_2_.jpg

1264001479_8893_FT292242_piston_4_.jpg

1264001479_8893_FT292242_piston_6_.jpg

new block sourced, just waiting for spacer plate and i should be back within a week or so, fingers crossed :)

• 1 month later...

well, one problem led to another and i might have to change the thread title to 2 engines , 3 gearboxes and 3rd turbo. after closer inspection the 2nd garrett gt3076r was broken too, so this time it has been replaced with a garrett gt35r with a 1.06 housing, should be boosting by 3k then hold tight from there. also my boost pipes had taken a battering under the front of the intercooler and where fairly thin ally so not the best anyway, this has led to a complete re piping with bespoke tig welded stainless steel. all i want is a complete show season with 8 or 9 events that i dont have issues with the car. prob too much to ask :)

new turbo is taking a while to arrive from US, rest of work cant be done til tubby is fitted, which will leave only a few days to test before the Nurburgring. now im a nutter as you know but taking a fresh built engine and turbo set up across 4 countries then blasting round the ring is not a good idea. i know how bad my luck is and id just leave it on the roadside if it blew again.

so ive cancelled the boat,hotel and insurance (what a hassle) my next target will be spring gti festival at the pod !!th april (snowed last year).

if i can i will do a pod rwyb before.

• 2 weeks later...

just been told the turbo has arrived from America. woo hoo !

i hope to have the car back by next weekend with any luck and if no more issues arise.

the big 1.06 housing will allow me to use first and second gear, i missed em both :) lol

been speaking to a fellow member running same set up and it seems i got something to look forward to. geezers car from 60-80mph beats nissan gtr`s,pagani zonda`s , ferrari whatever`s , most by over a second clear !!! wooo hooo :)

power comes in at high 3k`s then whack all the way to the limit, every time ! can you guess who`s buzzing bout getting their car back :) ???

cheers fella`s . i will be at pod getting my new times at the first possible chance. another £2300 spent . i do miss my standard (ish) vr6, it cost nowt in parts over 4 years, just a few upgrades. but now ive had BOOST i must have more,

fingers crossed til i get the magic phone call telling me to come get her :)

propper itchy pants, cant wait to drive the golf again,just went to kentucky in southend and saw all the tuners heading into town. i love waiting for them to leave ,i sit waiting for a group of them to go by then go play :) whats my new time going to be? is all i can think of. what are the super soft 888`s going to be like ??? aaaarrrhhhh itchy pants :)

thanks AJ, yeah, lots n lots of effort,aggro and many loans, im praying for the all ok for spring fest .

not sure about hp figures, i will ask what to expect when i speak to the engine builder next, should be 400 or so again, maybe a bit more. i have a rolling road booked with jim next month so i can see for sure. :)